Chapter 7

*Sonic's POV*

I get up off of Amy and look out the peephole. 'The fuck is tails doing here?' I ask internally raging, feeling more defensive. I huff up my chest and open the door.

"Hey Am- Sonic? Wait what are you doing here?" Tails asked acting all innocent. "Could ask you the same." I spit slightly. "Oh DUDE you won't believe it, some cool new shop has all sorts of neat things like tarot cards and crystals and all sorts of cool things!" Tails yells ecstatic for whatever reason. "Still haven't told me why you came to Amy's..." I remind him. "Huh? Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah. SO.... Amy was really into tarot cards when she was young right?" He asks me, I nod remembering her telling me this long ago. "Sooo I was hoping she'd come with Cream and me!" He finishes off pointing his thumb behind himself. I follow the direction and see Cream, looking confused. 'Oh that's right, they don't know we're together yet, well I'll let Amy talk since last time I mentioned our.... shenanigans.... Knuckes went off like a siren.'

"Hey Ames, you up for an outing with Tails and Cream-?!" Before I could finished she ran up to the door and said, "DID YOU SAY NEW SHOP?!"

******************************

*Amy's POV*

"Oh yeaaaah.... I've been here already." I state as we stand at the entrance of the quirky little shop. "You have?" Sonic asked me standing really close to me. My ears went down at his volume, but I didn't step away. "Yeah this is where I bought that new cook-book." I answer. Tails seemed awfully cautious looking around, probably worried he'd break something. "Ooh what's that book called Amy?" I heard Cream's soft voice ask of me. "It's called 'Breathtaking Baking,' I'll loan mine to you if you want, but some of the ingredients are weird ." I enunciated that last word. "Weird how?" Cream asked as she picked up a pretty orange crystal delicately. "Well those special ingredients have to be ordered from the number or website on the back, they can be pricy too, but I guess it's worth the extra pennies. The most interesting chapter is 'Food For The Heart,' sooo many cute recipes!" I exclaim.

The first recipe on that chapter was the "love pancakes" I made for myself and Sonic. I'm still cautious of eating too many but Sonic gobbled up most of the pancakes. He tried to have me eat 4 but I only had 3. They had such an indescribable taste. 'SO ODD.' I tell myself.

******************************

Tails and Cream ended up buying a yellow and orange crystal respectively. I asked the cashier if he knew what was up with the funny ingredients. Turns out it's his mother's store, and she only gives the secrets to her other daughters. I was gonna ask more questions but Sonic hastily grabbed me saying, "Come on Ames..." rather harshly. As we exited the store, Cream reminded us that her mother gave her a curfew so Tails offered to escort her home. Turns out we spent about three hours in that shop, only for those two to buy some rocks. "It's getting late." Sonic said suddenly. "It's only 5:35, I know we skipped lunch today, how about dinner-" I stopped speaking when I noticed Sonic's eyes. They had a hint of red in the center. "Amy?" Sonic brought me back to earth. "Uhh, you know what.... I'm tired ....  let's go home and just sleep. " I say trying to hide the fear in my voice.

"Are you feeling okay? Your voice just cracked and you look pale..." Sonic declared. "Yeah-yeah I just. .. need to sleep." I stuttered out. Without waiting for another word, Sonic grabbed me and took me to his apartment.

******************************

*Sonic's POV*

After Amy went to bed in my room I thought about that cashier. 'How dare he look at her, I could have easily killed him if it weren't for unwanted witnesses, but now.... I need to worry about Amy.' I thought to myself.

I peek through the door to see her curled up, breathing softly, as her blanket rises up and down. I smile, hoping she's dreaming of me. I go back and decide to look at the book Amy got from that shop. I open the book to a surprise. There was a warning of all things.

/*WARNING*     DO NOT CONSUME TOO MUCH OF ANY OF THE MEALS THAT INVOLVE THE SECRET INGREDIENTS!!!

THEY MAY ALTER YOUR MIND. POSSIBLY EVEN PERMANENTLY./

....

"The FUCK?"

******************************

"Hi thankyou for calling Chica's Nick-Nacks, how can I help you?" Came the voice on the phone.

"Hi yeah can you tell me ... umm... what exactly does the warning label mean on my cook-book?" I question as politely as I can muster. "Ohhh you mean the one on 'Breathtaking Baking'? Well, simply put, many of the special ingredients have chemicals that are not deadly but can in fact alter the way the brain reacts momentarily, but even if you ate the full amount, oh let's saaayyy you made the 12 pancakes and ate them all.... you'd only be altered for about 2 or three days." The woman on the phone concludes hastily. " I can sense your worries but don't...." I stop my breath as I was about to speak. "... The emotional and mental change are not fake.... just increased slightly, so try not to eat more than 2 pancakes okay? Okay. Buh-bye." The woman says with an audable smile.

...

"Fuuuuuuck..... I've always been like this haven't I? "