The Sewers

"That's poison ivy, that's poison ivy, and that's poison ivy." Stan told us while pointing in random directions. 

"Where? Where's the poison ivy?" Eddie asked.

"Nowhere, not every f**king plant is poison ivy, Stanley." My eyes rolled to far into the back of my head because the next thing I said wasn't meant to come out at all.

"It's just plants, Stanley, trust me you'll know when there's actual poison ivy, so don't be a p***y and enjoy the wilderness." That was a bit much especially towards Stan. I was gonna say sorry or something but I could hear him muttering under his breath.

"Why-ove you." That's all I caught but me and Eddie both snapped are necks in the direction of Stan. He looked at us as if he hadn't said anything at all. Stan had to be one of the worst liars I know.

I decided to ignore it and ran to catch up with Bill at the entrance of the sewer.

"Okay, well I'm starting to get itchy now and I'm pretty sure this is not-" Eddie was telling us.

"Do you use the same bathroom as your mother?" Richie asked him.

"Yeah, sometimes."

"Then you probably have crabs." Richie told him and I snorted at him, but nobody heard it.

"That's so not funny." Eddie exclaimed.

"No, it kinda is." I told him with a smirk. Richie looked back and pinched my elbow.

"Ow, you b***h." He pointed at the two boys. Eddie and Stan were standing at the edge of disgusting and the outside world. I scoffed and made eye contact with Stan. I nodded for him to come join us on the dark side but he slowly nodded his head instead. I sighed and went back to Bill.

"Aren't you guys coming in?" Richie asked.

"Uh, uh, it's gray water." Eddie informed us of a made up think.

"What the h**l is gray water?" Richie asked.

"It's basically p**s and s**t, so I'm just telling you. You guys are splashing around in millions of gallons of Derry pee. Wait, are you serious-" Me and Bill were further ahead and I couldn't make out the rest of the conversation but I knew Richie was going the weird voice that he did. I'm going to guess Richie threw something at him by the sound of Eddie screaming. It wasn't that I couldn't hear the other boys I just chose not to.

Bill leaned over and picked up a small tennis shoe. He looked me dead in the eye and I gulped. 

"Well." Well I guess you could say that's all I had to say.

"Do y-you think-" I stopped him before he could go any further.

"I don't know, I don't know, Bill." He turned to the other boys.

"Guys!" Bill called out and they all looked at him with the same expression. 

"S**t, don't tell me that's-" Stan couldn't even finish his sentence.

"G-Georgie wore galoshes." Richie came and looked at the shoe with us. 

"Who's sneaker is it?" Eddie asked. Richie grabbed the shoe and we saw a B. Ripson.

"S**t." I whispered under my breath.

"It's Betty Ripson's." Richie told the two boys.

"Ah, s**t. Oh, god, oh, f**k! I don't like this." Eddie exclaimed.

"How do you think Betty feels? Running around these tunnels with only one freaking shoe on." He did a few one footed hops. I wasn't sure if it were the time to laugh or shoot him down. So I gave him a low five. Everybody looked at Richie like he were laughing at a funeral. Especially Bill, he was giving him the "I want to kill you" look.

"What if she's still down here?" Stan asked. We were all quiet for a second then me, Richie, and Bill turned around and looked down the curve of the tunnel.

"Eddie, come on." Richie told him.

"My mom will have an aneurysm, okay? If she finds out we were playing down here. I'm serious. Ser? Bill?" We turned around to be facing the same direction as Richie.

"If-if I was Betty Ripson I would want us to find her. G-Georgie, too." Everybody glanced at each other than the ground.

"What if I don't want to find em? I mean, no offence, Bill, but I don't want to end up like G-" Eddie stopped talking and we all glanced at each other again.

"I don't want to go missing either." Eddie started a new sentence.

"He has a point."

"Oh, come on, Stan."

"Y-You, too?" Bill asked.

"It's summer! We're supposed to be having fun. This isn't fun-" Richie shrugged his shoulders at me and Bill.

"-this is scary and disgusting." Something splashed in the creek and we all jumped.  The three of us ran out of the sewer. 

It was the new kid and he looked like he had just been attacked.

"Holy s**t, what happened to you?" He glanced up at us. Eddie and Stan ran around the rocks but I ran through them to the kid.