Is the sidewalk really necessary?

There was something laying in the middle of the street. Not laying, something was coiled up in the middle of the sidewalk. How come nobody was noticing the snake laying in the middle of the f***i*g road!? I wish I could have noticed sooner. Before I could turn on the leg it jumped at me. I felt the teeth sink into my thigh. Not just my thigh my upper thigh, right where the knife had previously been.

I had felt nothing then there was something, wait it was just the cold, hard, feeling of the sidewalk. 

I gasped and four times and shot right up. People were surrounding and there was a lot of shouting, to much shouting. The gasping continued but for different reasons.

"Serene, what happened? Serene, look at me." I looked over and saw Andrea. I almost blacked out.

"I-I-I-I-" 

"Everybody move! Move!" I heard a very bossy voice yelling. Hey, I knew that bossy voice.

"E-E-E-" The small body shoved through everybody and squeezed my face.

"What the h**l were you thinking?" I nodded my head.

"Alright, everybody. This is a best-friend emergency. So, that means that everybody needs to get out of the way." Eddie announced with a bag in his hand.

"And who might you be?" Andrea asked.

"I'm her best friend, so if you don't mind moving, that would be amazing."

"I'm not gonna move just because some bossy five-year old told me to."

"I am not five!" He had to take about a hundred puffs of his inhaler. After he did that he handed the inhaler to me. I moved my head back. He continued to move the inhaler towards my mouth. I gently pushed it away and he used it again. Eddie's eyes adverted to my thigh. I didn't even want to look at it. His reaction told me everything. Eddie's face went pale and he looked as if he might pass out. All I could hear was the murmuring of the people around.

"Dude, I think you need to leave." Andrea told Eddie.

"The only person who needs to leave is you. Because I'm the only one who knows how to save her dumb a**!"

"Her dumba**? She was attacked can you not see that!" Andrea's mind immediately went to my dad did it. Eddie looked at her to me.

"Then you must not know her."

"I'm sure I know more than you." Eddie scoffed. Before he could say anything I put my hand over his face. They both looked at me and Eddie sighed. He set down his bag and kneeled to the ground. Eddie grabbed my arm and pulled it around his shoulder. Slowly he stood up, dragging me along with him.

He thought he was being sly when he smacked Andrea's hand away. He grabbed the bag and his inhaler that he had dropped, he didn't even cry this time.

We got around the corner and were walking into the alleyway.

"What were you thinking? Serene? What? I mean, you were bleeding when you confronted me, and you ran. The only person that could help you, and you ran from me. I just want to understand what was going on inside you mind. What if it's infected now? Why were you laying on the ground? You never pass out in public places. You hate even being in public places. One of you fears. Serene?" I didn't say anything and Eddie just sat me down. It was the same place we had patched Ben up. It felt weird to be the one injured getting help.

Not a word was spoken as he grabbed a bunch of bandage and everything else I would need. How did he know? He had everything, yet he had seen nothing.