You couldn't just say that?

My hand was about to grab the door handle when the figure spoke and I realized who it was.

"Serene? Please, tell me that's you and you're okay."

"Are you kidding me? You slam the window, scream, pace the room, and now you're calm?" She ran to me and wrapped her arms around me as tight as she could.

"Oh, thank god, you're okay."

"Of course, I'm okay." Something felt off and I brought a hand up to her head. She had nearly cut all the hair off her head. At first I was confused then I wasn't sure what to think. I leaned over and flipped the light switch on while trying to keep all my internal organs. 

She let go of me and grabbed the side of my head.

"What happened?" I scoffed then did the same thing to her.

"What happened to you!?" I said half mockingly.

"Yeah, I need you to help me clean up, but are you okay? At least tell me what happened."

"I just tripped, follow me to the kitchen."

"Why's the bathroom door shut?"

"Can you find your way to the kitchen?"

"Psh, this is like my second home. Actually it's more like my first."

"True." She made her way to the kitchen but kept looking back suspiciously. I knocked on the door and Stan swung it open with a loud thud.

"Shh." I quickly called out. But it was to late as Beverly was already running back to the bathroom. They stared at each other for a moment in peer confusion. I pointed towards the bedroom door and stepped back, my face saying a hundred different things.

"Oh, you're not going anywhere." Bev grabbed my arm and pulled my back to the triangle.

"So..." I led the conversation on. They both looked at me expecting to say something.

"Why do I have to say something?" They both gave me the obvious look, as if I should be the one talking.

"Maybe some explaining." Bev pointed out and Stan was still silent.

"Some explaining, yes. Um, what am I supposed to say besides, oh I don't know, the fact that I was just attacked?" I asked Stan but it was more open into the air. Bev looked at me in shock.

"You never said you were attacked." Bev said and she looked at me sympathetically. I scoffed at her and rolled my eyes. I walked past them and grabbed my sweatshirt and slid my shoes on. Didn't even tie them, just tucked the shoe laces in. 

"I need to get supplies and you two can't stay out in the open, okay? To dangerous."

"Where are you going?" Stan asked worried, but it was also the first thing he had said so far.

"So, the boy speaks?" Bev asked him cockily but I knew what voice she was using. I threw something at me and she threw it back at me. 

"Over-Protective enough?" I mouthed at her.

"That's what I'm here for." I rolled my eyes at her.

"Are we all going?" I asked. They both nodded there heads and Stan ran back to grab his shoes. We walked out the front door and I made sure it was locked behind me. 

"I have money." Bev stated.

"Why?" I asked her.

"Because, I'm the one that showed up a whole mess in the middle of the night. It's my fault, I just really needed you." I smirked at her and nudged her shoulder.