I'm thankful for you. Always.

I pulled the red jersey dress over my head. But what really caught my attention was the mirror that exposed my body. 

My mind didn't want to but me feet brought me to the mirror and I pulled it up so I could see the entire left side of my body was bruised, the boot print of where he kicked me was a different shade of black.

I let the shirt fall down. The lights in the kitchen were still on, it took a minute but I turned all the lights off and let out a small scream when I got back to the room. Deep breaths washed over me as I walked over to the window.

"Are you crazy?" I asked while opening the window. I heard a small laugh escape his mouth.

"I could only slightly hear your scream but it was still amazing." I rolled my eyes and lightly punched him in the shoulder.

"I can not believe you right now, Stanley." I exclaimed as I walked back to the door.

"As long as your not mad I'll stay."

"Why would I be mad?"

"I don't know I've showed up twice at your window unannounced.

"It's better than being here, alone."

"I'm gonna take that as an invitation to stay?"

"As long as you can hear a story that I will 100% believe until the I die, without thinking I'm crazy?" I asked him, meaning every last word of it.

"Trust me it can't be as crazy as the story that I need to tell you."

"Good, then that leads to what we're doing next. Come on." I opened the door and turned on the lights. Stan was right behind me as I walked down the hallway to the kitchen. Stan sat at the table and I made sure the door was locked. 

"Do you want anything to drink?" I asked and Stan thought for a minute. 

"Do you have Gatorade?" He asked and I shook my head.

"We only have blue right now. Is that fine?" He shook his head and I grabbed the bottle out of the refrigerator and handed it to Stanley on the table.

"But, Stanley, what are you doing here, this time, at 8? What about curfew?" He looked down at the table.

"If I have to hear about the Torah one more time, I might explode. I figured I would be safe here." I slid into the seat and layed my hand over Stan's.

"You know you would be safe here whenever, right?" He nodded his head.

"It's just some of the things in the Torah sound made up."

"Well, it is in a different language." I saw a smile spread across his face. It made me smile.

"Then, there's the stress of being the Rabbi's son. He-I don't know if I'm even going to be able to stand up there. There's going to be so many people.-"

"Stanley, it doesn't matter about the people. You just get up there and act like your the only one there. That's all you gotta do. Your the only one in the room."

"You're gonna be there right?"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"Then, I guess there's gonna be two people in that exclusive room." He drank out of the Gatorade. I looked away to hide whatever my face was doing.

"I guess there is. It's your world, I'm just living in it." He smiled and put the cap on the Gatorade.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" He asked and my eyes glanced to the ground.