We're all afraid of something

We walked through the field. All in a line. The sound of the train getting more quiet as we continued.

"Thanks guys, but you shouldn't have done that. They'll be after you guys, too now." I smirked. Oh, he has no idea.

"Oh, no, no, no. Bower's. He's always after us." Eddie told him.

"I guess that's one t-thing we all have in common." I smiled at Stan in front of me and Richie behind me. That is what brought us all together.

"Is it crazy to think that the Losers went from five to eight within a few days?" Stan looked back and nodded his head.

"Yeah, home schooled. Welcome to the Loser's club." Richie told Mike.

We stood in the alley way. I looked back to see Richie trying to play one of the instruments from the band.

"They say they found part of his hand all chewed up near the stand pipe." Stan informed us about the missing flyer we all stood in front of.

"He asked to borrow a pencil once." Ben told us, obviously sad. We looked back at the poster to see Bill holding up the poster to reveal another missing poster. Betty Ripsom's missing poster. 

"It's like she's been f-forgotten because Corcoran's missing." He set the poster back down to show the one we originally were looking at.

"Is it ever gonna end?" Stan asked. It was the question we all wondered.

"What the f***, dude." I heard Richie exclaim and walk back towards us.

"What are you guys talking about?" Eddie asked with two ice cream cones in his hand. I felt a sudden panic sweep over me. Any of us could be next. For the most part we've all seen something. We've all been in the situation that could be connected to these missing kids. I'm not sure that if we ran into whatever or whoever or whatever f***ing clown that's taking children, I'm not sure who all would be able to protect themselves.

I grabbed the ice cream cone out of Eddie's hand took a lick and handed it to Richie.

"What they always talk about." Richie told Eddie.

"I actually think it will end. For a little while. At least." Ben told Stan.

"What do you mean?" Beverly asked Ben.

"So, I was going over all my Derry research and I charted out all the big events. The iron works explosion 1908, The Bradley gang in '35, and the black spot in '62, and now kids being- I realized this stuff seems to happen every-"

"-27 years." Bill, Ben, and me all said it at the same time.

I turned from the group and found the nearest garbage can. It was about 10 seconds straight of puking.

"Okay, so let me get this straight, it comes out from wherever to eat kids for like a year and then what, it just goes into hibernation?" Eddie asked.

"Maybe it's like, what do you call it, cicadas. You know, the bugs that come out once every 17 years." I sat on the edge of the bench with my knees by Beverly's back.

"My grandfather thinks this town is cursed. He says that all the bad things that happened in this town are because of one thing, an evil thing that feeds off the people of Derry."

"But it can't be one thing, we all saw something different." Stan looked at all of us.

"Maybe. Or maybe it knows what scares us most and that's what we see." I shook my head on my knees.