[Being Shy] Miranda Vanderbilt

-          After you guys started dating, you started asking Miranda to come with you to 'commoner events.' Miranda was excited about it, saying that she's wondering what 'the other side lives like.'

-          Let's just say with the sheer number of serfs that follow her, she doesn't exactly blend in.

-          Because Miranda doesn't treat her serfs well, when other people at these events start point these things out, none of them step in to defend her. She just usually takes it.

-          When you invite her to another event, it sparks an unexpected conversation.

-

______ had always been a fan of live music. The more people there were, the better the vibe was, and it was almost always a great weekend. There was only really one downfall: the security at these concerts weren't always the best, and because Miranda was always worried about assassination attempts, she's brought her own security. It didn't bother ______, they were happy to do anything that would help Miranda feel safe, but that didn't mean that they hadn't overheard people being dicks about it and saying that 'the security is killing the vibe.' Miranda over-heard it too, but ______ never thought she cared about it. Miranda never cared about peasant's feelings before.

That's why ______ was surprised when they invited Miranda, and Miranda insisted on going without any security.

"Don't worry about me bringing anyone, I think this time it should just be the two of us! One night should be fine!" Miranda told them with a smile, trying hard to pass off as not being bothered by the subject. Unlucky for her though, she wasn't the best actress.

"Miranda, didn't you just receive a death threat from the air-people yesterday?" ______ asked, concern clear in their voice. "Are you sure you're comfortable going out without any security when they told you they'd be sending someone?"

"I'm sure!" Miranda lied. It was painfully obvious that there was something on her mind.

______ took a seat next to her, putting a hand on their shoulder. "Miranda, you know you can tell me anything, right? If there's something about going out that bothers you, we don't have to leave at all. We can just have a night in."

Miranda sighed. "A ruler shouldn't show weakness in the face of threats, it's not good. I just want to show them that I don't care what they say to me, it wont stop me from having a wonderful night out!"

That's when it clicked in ______'s head. "This isn't about the air-people, is it? It's about the concert idiots from last week who were bitching about you bringing security, right?"

Miranda looked away, a blush rising to her cheeks. "I don't care about what some commoners think! It doesn't matter to me!"

______ could tell from how defensive she was getting that they were right, but at the same time, they had never seen Miranda genuinely embarrassed about an opinion or feeing. Miranda was usually set in her opinions and believed every word of what she said, but in this case, it was as if she was ashamed of caring. "You don't care about what any commoner thinks?" ______ pushed, getting close to her and using a teasing tone. "Not even me?"

Miranda was caught in a trap of her own words. "I, no! That's not what I meant! I care about what you think, of course, but your opinion of me doesn't matter if it's negative!"

______ laughed and poked her face. "Miranda, it's okay to care about what other people think about you. It's a part of living, we all just want to be liked by other people."

"I don't need to be liked by any commoners..." Miranda trailed off, looking at _______ and catching herself again. "Except you! I don't know! Stop asking me things!"

______ smiled and hugged Miranda. "You're adorable when you're embarrassed, Miri."

"I'm not embarrassed!" Miranda defended herself, hiding her face in her hands. "I don't know why my face feels like this! Make it stop!"

______ took Miranda's hands carefully and removed them from her face, looking into her eyes and giving her a patient smile. "I'm not going to, it's cute," they told her, leaning in and planting a gentle kiss on her cheeks. Miranda's face only turned a deeper shade of pink as ______ let go of her hands and sat back. "I changed my mind about going out, I want to stay in."

Miranda looked away, bringing a hand to her cheek where ______ kissed it, a small smile creeping onto her face. "I like that idea..." she trailed off, the tone of her voice once again happy.