[Bullied for Weight] Scott Howl

-          He finds out because someone had the audacity to say it right in front of him.

-          Well, really it was a private conversation that Scott overheard because his hearing is insane, but they still had the gall to say it right there and then!

-          He responds at first with total confusion, but he's already to stand up for you.

-

Being seen with Scott was sometimes a lot. Dating a sports player (______ was still unsure which sport he played, and they had a feeling that Scott didn't know either) meant always being seen with someone who is physically fit. Extremely physically fit. Scott worked out every single day and was always in top shape, and ______ didn't match that vibe.

Scott didn't really care, and he never thought twice about it. Even on days when ______ was feeling the least confident and uncomfortable with how they looked, Scott was proud to take them out and be seen with them. It didn't really matter to Scott what ______ looked like, he was always ecstatic to be around them.

Scott could always sense when it was a day where ______ was feeling uncomfortable with themselves. They hadn't ever spoken to Scott about it, but he wasn't blind. He was good at reading the people he cared about, and that meant he was good at reading when they weren't feeling great. So, his solution? Fro-yo!

Scott got ______ out of bed by picking them up, telling them there was 'no time to be sad when there was so much good frozen yogurt to eat.' Next thing ______ knew, they were standing next to Scott in line to order. It had been a while since they'd been out to get frozen yogurt and getting out of their room and going somewhere with Scott was beginning to make them feel better. It made Scott feel better to see them smile, too.

That's when he overheard the people behind ______, whispering to each other and sneaking looks at ______. "Do you see the fatty in front of us? I hope they don't buy out the whole stock before we get a chance to order."

Wait, what? Scott thought, looking over at ______. He saw a ghost of a smile on their face, and it was obvious that they didn't hear a word that the people behind them were saying. Scott suddenly felt a wave of protection hit him, turning to ______. "Can we switch spots? I don't know what to order yet."

"Oh, sure!" ______ moved, switching spots with Scott. They went up to the counter, beginning to order, and Scott took this as his chance to talk to the people who were making the comments.

He turned to them, a serious expression on his face that was rare to see. "You two," he started, catching them by surprise. They looked uncomfortable, not responding before Scott started talking again. "You guys should watch what you say about other people. Words can hurt, and you're not doing anyone favors by talking about total strangers like they're otherworldly. Be nice to others, got it?"

Scott was a physically intimidating monster, and on top of his serious expression, he did a great job of shocking the bullies to their core. "Uh, let's go somewhere else," one of them mumbled to their friend, trying to ignore what Scott just said and walking away.

When ______ was done ordering, they were shocked when they noticed that Scott wasn't standing next to them at all. ______ turned their head right in time to see Scott facing no one. "Scott, are you going to order?"

Scott's former expression changed completely, turning to ______ with a smile on his face. "Of course!" he said, going up and ordering his favorite: chocolate and vanilla swirled, lots of white chocolate drizzle, sprinkles and fudge. A few minutes later, they were both sitting down, about to enjoy their food. Scott was a few bites into his when he noticed that ______ was hesitating. "Is something wrong?"

_______ paused for a moment. "I wish I were like you, Scott. You have the drive to work out every day, and you can eat things like this without feeling guilty, like you shouldn't be allowed to enjoy it because you're..." they trailed off, not really wanting to say the words.

Scott, in a rare moment, turned serious and reached out for ______'s hands across the table. "I don't wish you were like me, ______. It would be boring if there were two of us. You're stunning just the way you are, and I don't see what there isn't to love on you! I think you should eat and do what makes you happy. Life is too short to limit yourself to things that don't make you happy."

_______ smiled at Scott. It was a simple idea, but is resonated with them, and it made them happy to hear Scott say it. "I love you, Scott."

"I love you too," he reached over, grabbing their spoon and holding it up to their mouth. "Now let's eat some fro-yo!"