Chapter 2: Prepared

Taehyung woke with a start. The sun, which was barely awake itself, sent a red glow through the boarded up windows. He thought back to the Lord of the Rings quote about the red sun rising and blood and shit and he laughed at the irony. The sun was always red these days.

He turned to his best friend who was still sleeping peacefully, dreams graced with views of dancing across a ginormous stage in front of thousands of people. An old dream of the boys. So, naturally, Taehyung decided to ruin it. He grabbed his pillow and threw it at Jimin's head, then proceeded to jump on his mattress, throwing the sleeping boy up and down as the mattress bounced with the weight. The sudden attack caused Jimin to leave the comfort of the springy mattress and face plant into the floor.

The glare he gave Taehyung would make anyone terrified ... except for Taehyung. He just giggled excessively, rolling on his roommates mattress. "Time to leave bud. Get your ass up and come eat some pop-tarts."

Jimin groaned and rolled up onto his feet. As he walked passed the grinning Taehyung, he smacked him in the back of the head, causing a small "ouch" to leave his friends lips. Jimin smirked and sauntered through the doorway, heading for his nutritious breakfast of carbs.

"Jerk," Taehyung murmured after his fellow survivor.

The pair quickly left their temporary home without giving a glance back. They slunk through the quickly brightening streets, moving as fast as they could without being loud. Taehyung mentally ticked off their equipment, Knives, check. Bat, check. Backpack with food, check. Map, check. Clothes, check. Jimin... he glanced back at his attentive friend... double check... gun... check. Both Taehyung and Jimin had one. A simple hand pistol. Five bullets each, but they were unused and were planned to stay that way. The guns were the last of the last resorts. If they had to use those... it would most likely not be used on the zombies.

"Hey, turn here," Jimin muttered softly. Taehyung nodded and quickly twisted to his right, down another identical street. As his thoughts continued to wander, he thought of Jimin. He realized that his old cheer was slowly coming back. Resurfacing. He knew it would never be the same, but he was glad to see the spark of the Jimin he once knew.

"TAE WATCH OUT, DAMN IT!"

He felt his shoulder be yanked back by the subject of his thoughts. At the same time a figure stumbled out of one of the side alley's. Followed by another... and another. Shit. His ears rang with fear and alarm as the creatures continued to swarm out of the small alley. Their hands and bodies reeking from the decomposing skin that covered them, already beginning to peel off the bones and useless muscles that held it there. Their eyes pierced through Taehyung's subconscious, spiking dread and panic through his veins. His heart beat so loud that he could barely make out the sounds of the undead. They moaned and growled at the two teens, reaching for their new food source. "Oh hell no," Jimin waved his bat, tightening his grip around the makeshift weapon, "Not today assholes, not today."

Yeah, not today sounds good, but I don't have a death wish. Taehyung grabbed his best friends arm as he screeched at him to stop being an idiot and to run. He dragged him around the quickly growing horde and they lurched through the streets, turning whenever Jimin said to. How his friend could read the map while carrying his metal stick, and sprinting for their lives, he had no idea.

Even after they left the Zombies far behind, they didn't stop running until their legs couldn't carry them any further. Taehyung practically collapsed against the building on his left. He felt as if he couldn't get enough air in his lungs. No matter how much they ran in the past month, Taehyung never got used to it. As he panted, he remembered how close he was to being touched. So close. What the absolute fuck. How the hell does that even happen. Eventually he slowly stood upright and staggered over to Jimin, who was sitting down (still panting) and looking at the map. "Tae, we ran a lot further than I thought. The underground is only a few blocks south."

"Damn Mochi, we're already halfway there." Taehyung used his friend's old nickname which, in return, caused a small smile to spread across his friend's lips. Though he's not much of a mochi anymore... Both have thinned out, which was a given since food was so scarce and when they had it, they tried to reserve as much as possible.

He took their self proclaimed break to assess their current physical state. Their clothing was basically identical. Both wore face masks, Jimin's all black, and Taehyung's a panda bear... because he thought it was really cute. They both wore hoodies, Taehyung's was a simple black pull over while Jimin's was almost pure white. Tae told him it was going to get dirty... and it did, but Jimin wouldn't let the thing go. They both were adorned in black ripped jeans along with simple running shoes. Taehyung originally had vans, but no matter how much he loved them, they hurt like hell. So, he found another pair in a shoe store after the infestation.

"Hey Tae... are you sure about this? Remember this is the Underground. It was dangerous even before the attack- Namjoon wouldn't even take us when he went... also how would we even find him?"

Taehyung grinned at his best friend. "We'll be fine, Jimin. Anyways, aren't you curious? I've always wanted to go and now we can! Besides, we most likely won't see him... it's just a hope."

"Uh... sure. Well, we are at least waiting for it to get dark, so we might as well relax a bit."

"Pfft, relax... Yeah right, that's hilarious."

Jimin rolled his eyes, "Shut up and go to sleep. I got first watch."

"Yes sir," Taehyung quietly mocked, laying down on the hard cement, using his pack as a pillow. He drifted off to sleep pretty quickly, mind wandering to the events that would take place later that night.
_____________________________
Hey guuuys!

I'm always opened to advise so if you have any don't forget to comment! (Voting would also be helpful lol)

With love- Jiminhitachiin