Epilogue

Wow.... The last chapter- this probably won't be what you guys were expecting but eh tehe

[edit] there's an alt ending out now if you like happier ones instead~
-------/---------

Three years later~

"Kai, come on!" The boy's voice called across the field, waving his friend towards him.

"Soobin Hyung, you can see the city from here!" The boy called back, a large smile on his face as he began to run to the older.

"Really!" a blue-haired boy called who was standing beside Soobin, casually leaning against him, his arms crossed over his chest. "I miss the city."

"Don't we all," another boy murmured, his arm around a black-haired boy.

"Let's explore, Taehyunnie!" the black-haired kid whined, jumping up and down.

"Beomgyu, we need to stay together. The hordes passed here a few weeks ago and we can't risk any stragglers," The blue-haired boy chided gently, earning an eye-roll from the addressed.

"It's been three years since all this shit went down, I don't understand how those things still exist," Kai murmured, coming to stand next to Soobin. Taehyun just shrugged, removing his hand from Beomgyu's shoulder to clasp their hands together.

"We honestly shouldn't question anything at this point."

"Truth," Beomgyu murmured, his eyes resting on the farmhouse that stood just a little ways away. The five boys were standing in a bare field, a barn off on one side, overlooking the city and a little house across the field, a small hen house beside it. From what the boys' could tell, it looked like there was a small garden beside the home, it's fruits and vegetables still growing healthily as they burst from the ground with vibrant colors.

"Okay," Soobin said, wrapping his arm around the blue-haired boy's neck and turning his gaze to him. "Yeonjun hyung, what's the plan?"

Yeonjun watched the house for a second before moving his gaze to his four friends. "I'd say we can huddle down here for a night before we head to the base." Smiles split across the faces of the group as they nodded vigorously and began to walk towards the farmhouse, excited.

"I still don't understand why we are heading to that camp. We learned from the movies that in a zombie apocalypse, you never go to the government bases! It's dumb and they always get run over!" Beomgyu ranted as they reached the porch of the house, his hands waving around dramatically.

"Hyung," Taehyun chuckled, bumping his shoulder into the older's shoulder. "You know it's the best shot we've got. We can't just keep running around Korea, hoping to find food and praying not to be attacked."

"I know, I know," the other responded sulkily, "I just don't think it's a good idea."

"We know," Soobin chimed in, a small smile on his face, "you remind us every single day."

Beomgyu huffed and rolled his eyes, a smirk playing at the tip of his lips. "I can't wait to be able to say I told you so."

"Alright, alright," Yeonjun broke in, putting his hand on the doorknob, "let's look for food, that's our main priority. Then if there's anything else that can help us out, grab it. When we leave we can pick some of that fruit down there and eat it tomorrow night and the day after." Honestly, they knew the drill by now.

The others just nodded before turning their attention to the door. The oldest gently swung it open and as they all moved to stare inside the house, shock crossed over their faces, their eyes growing wide and their eyebrows furrowing.