Chapter 15: The Road Back Home

hjdhwojsidn... hi~ I missed yall- don't forget to vote and comment and talk to me cause I'm a lonely human lol... oki I'm done- enjooooy

------------------------------------------------------

Taehyung woke up to the sound of screaming. He shot out of bed, panicking before he remembered where he was and what happened the night before. He blinked at the boy that was using his arm as a pillow, his legs tangled up with Taehyung's. The older gulped and twisted his head in the direction of the bigger room. No one had moved and everyone was still fast asleep. The screaming had stopped as soon as Taehyung had sat up. A dream. It was only a dream.

Taehyung collapsed back into the makeshift bed of piled doctor's robes, drinking in the sight of the younger boy in front of him. He smiled slightly, imagining they had snuck into the nurses' office on the weekend and fell asleep together instead of the ugly truth.

Jungkook slowly opened his eyes, giving Tae a sleepy smile when his eyes settled on Taehyung's, causing Taehyung to smile back. "Hey-" beautiful. Tae bit his tongue. He wasn't sure how Jungkook would react to that comment, or how he would feel about anything Taehyung had started to feel for him. So he held back the comment and waited. Waited for a time when they were closer. Maybe a time when he knew how the younger felt-

"Hey beautiful," Jungkook murmured, blinking to allow his eyes to adjust to the dim light. Taehyung flushed red and he tried to hide in the crook of his arm, immediately regretting not saying it first. He wondered if Jungkook enjoyed making him blush because he was really freaking good at it. He felt Jungkook smirk against his arm that was still being used as a pillow and, deciding he wouldn't let Jungkook get all the satisfaction, he jerked his arm out from under the boys head, smirking lightly as the groan that erupted from Jungkook's mouth when his head hit the floor.

Taehyung sat up, followed by a slower Jungkook, mumbling something about a concussion and payback. Taehyung decided to ignore the younger boy and stood up, placing his hand against the wall as the blood rushed from his head. His sight went in and out slightly but eventually leveled out. Once the boy could see again he glided away from their bed, leaving the comfort of the small hallway and walking into the room where Hoseok, Jimin, Yoongi, and Namjoon still slept quietly.

Tae chuckled once his eyes landed on Jin, who was struggling to rescue his hand from his boyfriend's grasp. When Taehyung came into the older's sight, he gasped in relief and waved the younger boy over to him fanatically.

Taehyung made his way over to the Hyung of the group and smiled down at him and his predicament. "Yes?" he sang, trying his best to tease the older with the little advantage he had.

"This is kind of hard to do with one hand," Jin murmured back. Taehyung winced slightly at the comment, hating what the monsters had done to his friend, but thankful he hadn't joined their ranks. The older interrupted his thoughts, "Can you please help me out a bit so that we don't wake up Joonie?"

Taehyung smirked, nodding and walking around to the other side of the table. He gave one last angelic smile to the older boy and cupped his hands to his mouth. He leaned down to Namjoon's ear, and before Jin could protest, screamed, "Your boyfriend wants his hand back!"

Taehyung stepped back and happily watched as Namjoon bolted up, letting go of Jin's hand and whipping his head around in utter confusion. When his eyes landed on Taehyung his eyes narrowed, "Now listen here you little-"

"No killing the children, Joon," Jin reproached, grinning at his boyfriend. Namjoon plopped back down, glaring one last time at Taehyung before turning around and smiling at Jin who was now sitting up, rubbing his stump where his arm used to be. For a moment comfortable silence spread throughout the room and Taehyung enjoyed it.