Prologue part 1: Taehyung

Hiiii~ hope you enjoy ;)
-----------------

Towering rain clouds moved along the dark grey sky, threatening to pour their contents upon the city. The wind nipped at Taehyung's clothes, ruffling them around the boy, making him shiver under his thin coat and scarf. He pulled his jacket tighter around his slim figure, stuffing his hands deeper into his pockets, hunching over to brace against the gusts of air that danced around him and ran its fingers through his wind-tossed hair.

Taehyung finished his last class of the day and decided to head towards his favorite coffee shop by his shabby apartment. Few people were outside today, thinking it better to stay warm and cozy inside instead of facing the daunting weather that threatened to attack at any moment. Taehyung agreed with those people, silently cursing Mother Nature as she toyed with the elements surrounding him while he made his way to the shop. He didn't love the rain or the cold-that was his best friend Jimin. Taehyung missed the sun and the clear sky with the harmonies and melodies of flying creatures serenading him through the day.

The boy trudged through the streets and up to the entrance of the small, homey shop. He gave a quick glance towards the warm yellow sign that read Sugar & Mochi and released a small smile. He stepped into the building, immediately assaulted with the smell of peppermint and coffee, and moved towards the counter. Being a regular, the barista gave him a wide grin and wave, immediately punching in his usual order before going to make the cup of coffee; a mocha with two extra pumps of chocolate topped with whipped cream and sprinkles. A Taehyung worthy drink.

Once the mug was in his hands, the boy unveiled his box-smile, eyes crinkling and head cocked slightly to the side, a look that could make almost anyone melt. He padded over to his usual table, plopping down on the cushioned chair as he peered through the large window. Taehyung sighed, relaxing back into his seat as he pulled his laptop out from his backpack and placed it on the table in front of him. He dug his fingers into the computer to open the screen he began to work on his Music Theory essay, rambling on about subjects that he already knew about.

Time passed like the coffee draining from his mug, slowly. Tae glanced up at the clock and was shocked to see that it was only a couple hours since he had gotten to Sugar & Mochi earlier that day. The weather had cleared up and the sun shone confidently through the shrinking clouds, casting small shadows across the skyscrapers and streets of Seoul. More and more people began to flock out of the buildings and homes of the city, quickly crowding the sidewalks as they moved on with their lives. Taehyung directed his eyes back to the dim screen of his computer, touching the trackpad in order to keep the machine from sleeping.

The boy's eyes narrowed as the small notification in the top right-hand corner of the laptop, clicking on the link displayed under the urgent announcement. A news page covered his half-written paper, displaying a video link and a single heading that read "Zombie Apocalypse: Seoul Edition". Taehyung scoffed at the headline, thinking it some type of clickbait or something stupid, yet clicked on the link. He waited for the film to load, curiosity slowly morphing into terror. The video was shot from a phone camera, the blur and shaking were clear signs of an inexperienced filmer, yet it was still able to capture the horror of the scene taking place in front of it.

Tae watched, frozen, as blurry monsters erupted from the alleyways of the unknown streets, attacking civilians making their way across the streets. He gasped as he watched the "zombies" dig their teeth and skin into the victims' flesh, tearing it off their body and devouring it. The video ended with the camera falling to the floor and suddenly shutting off, leaving a completely shocked Taehyung.

It had to be fake. That was the only explanation. He wobbled to his feet, stumbling towards the remote lying on the counter of the coffee bar. He quickly turned on the TV, flipping through the channels, stopping on the news. As eyes turned towards the television, silence overtook the small shop, the only sound the remote crashing to the floor as Taehyung dropped it. They watched in terrified silence as the words "Unknown epidemic spreading rapidly through Seoul takes an unknown number of lives" flew across the screen, followed by warnings to stay inside and lock the doors.