Chapter 22: the notebook

Guys thank you for 4.2k and 300 votes *cries* you guys are the sweetest <3<3

Have some Namjin~

---------------------------------

Jin felt like a mother as he watched the five boys run around their makeshift dining room, tackling and wrestling each other for the last few honey buns. He chuckled when Taehyung collapsed to the floor, a rapid Jungkook on his back trying to reach for the package in the older's hands. He sighed, sitting down into a chair and grabbing a bag of barbeque chips, popping them open and glancing into it in despair. How come there's always more air than food in these?

He threw down the food before leaving the kids downstairs to figure out their own quarrels. He climbed the stairs and turned into his room he shared with Namjoon to find the aforementioned sprawled across their bed, writing something in his dingy old notebook he carried around. Jin had never asked his boyfriend what he wrote in the leather-bound book but he was always curious. "Joonie, what do you write in there? You don't strike me as a diary-type," he joked, already fully aware that Namjoon had a diary. He hid it under his pillow, the dumbass. As if Jin hadn't read through it a million times, cackling at the younger's complaining and flushing at the entries that spoke of him. They were always filled with the sweetest things that he couldn't help but hope Namjoon would tell him to his face one day.

Namjoon glanced up towards the older and smiled awkwardly, closing the book carefully and laying the pen down on top of it. "It's nothing, really. Just something stupid." Jin quirked his eyebrow in question. Nothing the younger did was ever stupid and he never spent his time on anything that was 'nothing' to him, especially since this whole thing hit, realizing that life was too short to waste it on nothing.

"Right," the older said, "because I would totally believe that." Namjoon rolled his eyes before patting the bed beside him, silently asking for Jin to join him. "Seriously Joon, nothing you ever do is nothing," he murmured before collapsing next to the younger who immediately wrapped one of his arms around his waist.

"Really, Jinnie it's nothing. Just some things I've observed and theorized over the past weeks," Namjoon murmured, glancing away as if embarrassed. Jin narrowed his eyes before nudging his shoulder gently.

"Alright. Tell me," he persisted. He wanted to hear what Namjoon would say because whenever he spoke it would always be interesting to the older. It would draw him in and if Jin was being honest with himself, he could sit and listen to Namjoon ramble on and on about topics he didn't understand for hours. Namjoon hesitated, his eyes flickering over to Jin's face as if trying to gauge if he actually wanted to hear what he was going to say.

"Well," he began, giving in to his boyfriend's gaze, "I've been thinking... the way the disease or virus or whatever this is spreads, is through contact with the blood right? But it obviously doesn't spread too quickly, as we saw with your arm. Then again Tae cut it off pretty quickly so honestly, we have no idea." Jin subconsciously smiled as he listened to Namjoon speak. It took him days to get Namjoon to even mention the event and even longer to get it into his head that Jin wasn't traumatized by it. I mean obviously having your arm bitten then cut from your body is a little bit traumatizing but it's better than turning into a rotting, walking corpse. Listening to Namjoon speak about it without glancing at Jin as if he was a wounded animal warmed the older's heart in ways very few people could imagine. "...and basically, if the disease gets to your brain, it would be the last stage of infection and your body would be completely controlled by its desperate need to spread, adapt, feed, and survive. You would be completely dead at this point, your heart giving out a bit before this point so these zombies obviously aren't aware of what they're doing. So if we combat or reverse this process by creating a vaccine that would..."