Chapter 19: The Calm

I'm not dead I promise~

... so enjoy this long, cute filler chapter

--------------------------

Taehyung woke to light streaming through the window. He groaned and shifted, trying to get away from the blinding sun, only to come face to face with a sleeping Jungkook. He grinned, daylight forgotten and gently caressed the younger's cheek, fingers gliding down his soft skin. He didn't think that his heart could ever get over how cute the boy was. When Jungkook was awake and running around he looked older and mature, too worn out for his young age but when he slept, his youth shone through. His expression was relaxed, his mouth forming a small pout and his cheeks were all puffed out. Taehyung's heart hammered in his chest when his eyes, once again, lowered to the younger's lips. He wondered what they tasted like.

Taehyung shook his head and scooted away, sitting up. He was about to throw his legs over the side of the bed when a hand clamped around his wrist. Turning back, he felt his face heat up but smiled nonetheless. Jungkook's eyes were open now and staring intently up at Taehyung, his hand wrapped tight around his arm and his mouth parted slightly. "Yes, Kookie? Did I wake you up?" Jungkook shook his head, moving his arm to brace his body as he sat up.

"I just wanted to say thank you and," he hesitated, eyes shifting down before returning to Taehyung's, "and I'm sorry. For bothering you, I mea-"

"Jungkook, don't apologize. I was happy to come in here," Taehyung interrupted, nodding his head as if to agree with his own statement. He stood, gently tugging his hand from Jungkook's and walked towards the door before stopping. "Plus," he turned back, smirking, "you're cute when you snore."

Jungkook gasped, heat rising to his cheeks before knitting his eyebrows. "Kim Taehyung, do not forget I still have to get you back for yester-"

"Bye kookie~" Taehyung sang, slipping out the door and running to his own room to slip on some clean clothes. His eyes glossed over Jimin's empty bed and his eyebrows shot up, where the hell is he? Is he already up?

Shrugging, Taehyung continued downstairs, happily grabbing a honey bun from the food choices that were set out (most likely by Jin) and sat down at a random table. Honestly, they never really hung out in the main room of the restaurant they were stowed away in, considering a giant glass wall stood between them and the outside. But after a lot of unfortunate events, the group concluded that said wall was unbreakable considering the amount of times hordes of zombies had slammed into it. But it still made some of them uneasy. Taehyung didn't really care, finding it entertaining when the undead ran into the glass, but he did sit as far away from the window as possible.

Taehyung was happily tearing open the wrapping of his breakfast when the chair across from him was scooted out and occupied. Glancing up, Taehyung nodded his head in acknowledgment, considering his mouth was full but once he could finally speak again, he smiled. "Hiya Hoseok, how did you sleep?" Hoseok, who was digging into his own Honeybun held up a finger to signal he would answer when he finished.

"Honestly I'm nervous about tomorrow," he murmured, completely ignoring Taehyung's question.

"Wow, thanks Hobi, I slept wonderfully, thanks for asking," Taehyung mocked, giggling when Hoseok rolled his eyes and chuckled.

"Oh, trust me, I know you did."

"Wha- what?" Taehyung felt his cheeks get warm and he started to fan his face, eyes widening at the statement. Hoseok giggled and shook his head.

"Kookie has been having nightmares for some time now, we all know that. Since all this started they've only gotten worse and it's common for him to wake up screaming or crying. Honestly I have no idea what he sees in them and I don't want to know, but what I do know, is that since you and Jimin got here, they've been a lot less frequent. Call it a coincidence if you want but," Hoseok paused, his expression growing somber, "I'm pretty sure it has something to do with you, Taehyung." Tae, once again felt his face flush and he lowered his head to stare at his lap.