Chapter 23: Taken

"Okay boys," Namjoon began, watching the maknae line wearily, "please don't do anything stupid. And don't run into anything."

"Namjoon Hyung, how the hell are we supposed to avoid that?" Jimin asked, chuckling a bit at the fidgeting older.

"I- I don't freaking know! Just come back to us safe okay? All three of you! In one piece if possible! Got it?" He received nods from all three of them and sighed, reaching out and drawing Jin into his arms for comfort. Jin chuckled a bit at his boyfriend's attitude before turning his gaze to the three boys. He stared at them for a second, his eyes resting on Jungkook and Taehyung before tightening his jaw and moving them to Jimin.

"Jimin you're in charge, I can't trust these two with a can of beans on a full stomach."

"Hey!" Taehyung and Jungkook exclaimed at the same time, folding their arms over their chests and pouting. "I think we are very responsible and careful... when needed," Taehyung murmured, sticking his chin into the air.

Jin lifted an eyebrow and scoffed, shaking his head. "Honey, you literally lost three of our long knives and five protein bars."

"But I found them!"

"After four days!" Taehyung gasped, placing his hand over his heart and stumbling back as if shot.

"Oh, my heart, hyung. You hurt me so!" Jin giggled at that and moved from his boyfriend's hold to ruffle Taehyung's hair fondly.

"Just come back to us," he chuckled before returning to his original position.

"Will do!" Jungkook cheered, throwing his fist into the air before turning towards the door, excitedly. He hadn't been outside for a few days and he felt extremely cooped up and suffocated. Plus, he wanted to try to see something while they were out. Something he hasn't seen since the day the outbreak took the city.

Taehyung joined him by the door, grabbing his hand and squeezing it before letting go. He was never sure how much physical contact the younger was okay with, even though they literally cuddle every night. Jungkook shot him a smile, a bit of color on his cheeks before taking Tae's hand gingerly and interlacing their fingers. Taehyung returned the sheepish smile before moving his gaze to Jimin, who was talking to Yoongi.

"Stay safe out there okay?" Yoongi asked quietly, arms wrapped around Jimin's waist, his eyes dancing with worry.

"I will, Yoongi," he whispered back, smiling shyly and tucking a small piece of hair behind the older's ear. He was fully aware of multiple pairs of eyes on them but he didn't care enough to pull away and he wanted to enjoy Yoongi's touch for as long as possible.

"I'll see you in a few hours," Yoongi stated, his eyes narrowing as if to challenge his statement before he pulled Jimin closer, placing a light kiss on his lips.

"Eewww, get a room," Jungkook whined, hopping from foot to foot as the couple pulled away. Yoongi glared at the youngest playfully before pulling Jimin closer and dipping him in his arms, twisting to where Jimin was completely dependent on the older's grasp. Jimin squealed, shocked, and threw his arms around Yoongi's neck to try and find some security. Yoongi kissed Jimin again, longer this time, and smirked when he heard Jungkook's groan. He eventually let Jimin go, pushing him gently towards the other two, chuckling quietly at Jimin's dazed and yet dreamy expression.

"Okay, let's go," Jimin whispered, grabbing his bag that was resting against the wall. Laughs broke out across the room as everyone comprehended what happened, leaving Jimin even more flushed. "Oh, shut up," he murmured, pouting.

Taehyung grinned and grabbed his own bag before placing his hand on the door. His backpack held all the things it did the day before and he was armed with two long knives, almost sword length, strapped across his back, along with a small dagger on his hip for emergencies. Jimin was also stocked with food and supplies along with his bow and quiver of arrows and two knives, one on each side of his body for close up encounters. Jungkook was also supplied in his backpack with much of the same things and was armed in several daggers and throwing knives, along with a katana. After the day before, the boys didn't want to take any chances and preferred to be fully prepared.