Chapter 13: Surgery

He dropped his crossbow, drew his blade and ran out the opened door with the knife in hand. I won't have enough time... the wall of bodies was growing too close for comfort (not that it's comforting anyways, but still). The others screamed after him, but he was too far away. He heard footfalls behind him, and he glanced back to see that Namjoon finally shook off Hoseok and was in close pursuit.

Further back, he heard Jimin telling the others to "Get the fuck up" and to "Trust them" and to "Get their asses moving." He heard him say something about finding things to block the door. Glancing back around, Taehyung let out a small smirk, touched that his best friend trusted him to get Jin and was preparing for when they did.

When Taehyung reached Seokjin, the man was completely exhausted. The older was slumped on the ground, arm completely bloodied. He gave up trying to fight the zombie and was watching it slowly eat away at his skin. His face writhed in pain, and he let out strangled noises every single second.

Shit... Is it too late...?

Taehyung didn't hesitate. He couldn't afford it. "Jin, this is gonna hurt ass." And with that, the boy raised his knife above his head and brought it down. Hard. He severed Jin's arm right above the elbow.

"Holy shi-"

Jin released a blood-curdling scream. It seemed to echo off the walls of Taehyung's mind and back out. Namjoon snarled, anger seeming to emit from his whole body. His anger was interrupted by the dead tsunami surging towards them, the bodies barreling towards them at an unnatural speed. So, he went for Jin, picking up his remaining arm and slinging him around his shoulder. He turned and sprinted them towards the entrance.

Once the group made it into the building, the others immediately shoved all the desks and chairs and anything they could find against the double doors. They all stood, panting and coughing, barely standing. They were staring at him, eyes darting between Taehyung and Jin. The wave crashed against the door, causing everyone to jump back, terrified. "It should hold them for a while," Yoongi mumbled to the rest of the group.

"Nu- Nurse" Taehyung managed to choke out. The group snapped back to reality and dragged their elder towards the nurse's office. Once the entrance to the small room was barricaded with the few tables and chairs available, they turned towards their bleeding out hyung. Simultaneously, they panicked, all beginning to talk and yell at once.

"Shut the hell up!" Jimin snapped at everyone, shocking the group into silence. "God, just shut up for a second! Let me think!" He turned towards the unlabeled cabinets, "I need supplies..."They watched as Jimin started gathering things, talking quietly to Namjoon and Yoongi about the unknown procedure. Taehyung thanked whatever higher power that remained that Jimin was a Boy Scout when they were younger. It may not be the best certifications, but it was the best they had.

"We need to cauterize the wound..." Jimin muttered, drawing his blade, "Does anyone have a lighter?" Yoongi raised his hand, quickly slinging his backpack off his shoulders and ruffling through it. Jimin handed Namjoon a giant wad of gauze, "Keep pressure on it."

Jimin began to take off his belt, handing it to Jin. "Bite down on that. Hard," Jin nodded, tears streaming down his face. The faux doctor began rummaging through the cabinets, pulling out a bottle of hydrogen peroxide. Nodding to himself, he drenched the blade in the liquid, proceeding to rub it with a paper towel to dry it. Luckily the weapon was new, so he prayed that the dangers of infection wouldn't be as bad as it was thought. He handed the weapon to Yoongi, telling him to start to heat it.

The room was dead silent. Jungkook seemed to be struggling for breath. Taehyung turned to the younger reaching out to touch his arm. The younger pulled away, leaning against the wall for support, eyes downcast. Taehyung was about to approach him again when Hoseok stopped him. "Why the hell did you cut off his arm, Tae? It was a dangerous fucking call!" All eyes now turned towards the culprit, except for Yoongi and Namjoon, both focusing on their jobs at hand."I- I hoped that the infection wouldn't spread to the rest of his body. So the solution to stop the infection was too severe it's chance completely. I'd rather Jin Hyung lose an arm then us lose him."

"...Okay, but how did you even know to do that? Also, how do we know he's not gonna tur-"

"Guys! The bleeding isn't stopping!" Namjoon's distressed voice rang over their conversation.Jimin turned back grabbing the now heated blade from Yoongi, going to stand next to the stub that used to be Jin's arm.

"Hyung, this is when you bite down on the belt." Jin's eyes widened to the size of saucers."Are- are you jo- joking?!" He began to stutter, fear dancing in his eyes. Namjoon stood defensively by his boyfriend's side, eyeing the metal suspiciously.

"Listen, if you want to live and not bleed out, then I need you to do this. It's going to hurt so badly, but it's the only solution we have right now. The bleeding isn't stopping and you're not dying on my watch."

Jin breathed deeply, slowly nodding. "Namjoon, hold him still. Take the gauze off."

The room was silent as Namjoon did what he was told. The air was tense and icy. Taehyung watched as his best friend gripped the handle of the knife hard, knuckles turning white. He was terrified. Taehyung put his hand on Jimin's shoulder, smiling reassuringly. His friend gave a small smile back, inhaling deeply.

He lifted the blade, breathed again, and pressed it on the bleeding stub.

Jin screamed, sobbing into the belt that was shoved in between his teeth. He writhed in pain as Namjoon fought to keep him still, Yoongi quickly going to help him. Hoseok began pacing, pressing his hands over his ears, whispering to himself.

Jungkook began to shake, eyes wide and glazed over. He stood suddenly, blinking back tears. "Sorry, Hyung," he whispered, almost inaudible in all the noise. He sprinted towards the door, shoved all the chairs and things pushed against it aside, and pulled open the door. Without even looking he rushed out the exit.

"Shit..." Taehyung stumbled to the door, glancing back at the group, who were all focused on the novice surgery. He nodded to himself, and sprinted after the youngest, following the sounds of his feet around the corner.

Slowing, Taehyung listened for any noise that could indicate where Jungkook was. He slowly crept down the empty hallways, past lockers whose owners had been long forgotten. He took the time to realize how absolutely ransacked the place was. The classroom desks were flipped over and papers were scattered all across the floors. Cabinets were laying abandoned on the floor, drawers and contents spilling out everywhere. Windows were boarded up in some areas and red stains on the floor reminded Taehyung of blood.

He shook his head, continuing to look for the maknae when he heard noises coming from the huge bathroom at the end of the hall. Walking in cautiously, he heard raking gags coming from the last stall in the room. "Jungkook?" Taehyung whispered quietly, walking in the direction of the sounds. He pulled open the unlocked door and melted at the sight before him.

---------------------------------------

So yeah... I hope you all still like it! Don't forget to comment, vote, and share of you want to! IT really helps! See you sll around~

-JH