Chapter 11: Guns and Knives

The next morning came with an emergency meeting. Taehyung and Jimin tromped down the stairs, exhausted, and were quickly joined by the two watchmen from the night before. They walked in silence to the meeting room, only exchanging small greetings to each other once in the room. The four sat down next to each other right when Namjoon and the others walked in.

They sat in a small circle, not really sure where to start. The leader took a deep breath and looked around the circle, "Well, we all know why we are here... kind of. There was an attack last night. Jungkook, would you like to start from the beginning?"

The youngest nodded, glancing at Taehyung, then turning towards the rest of the group. He started from the sound and expanded from there, explaining their near escape from death. When he described Taehyung's bravery and how he saved them, the older blushed a bit and lowered his eyes to the ground. Once Jungkook finished, he massaged his nose, "I guess the zombies made the noise, but it was easily heard from miles around and you can bet that its going to be crazy out there for a few days-"

"No," Taehyung and Jimin spoke unison. After a short silence, Jimin motioned for the other to explain, "Zombies can't make that noise. I mean, they might be able to, but it would be very difficult. If they were making it, then it wouldn't have gone off only three or four times, it would have been constant. The sound was like two trash can lids being bashed together, but it only happened a few times, meaning that it wasn't them. This could also mean that something or someone else made that sound, and that sound is what caused the horde." Jimin nodded, backing up Taehyung's testimony. Silence filled the room as the seven processed what was just spoken.

"Okay..." Hoseok spoke up, looking at each member in the room, "Then what did cause it? And how do we stop it? Because that cannot happen again." The group nodded and continued to think it over.

"Could it have been one of the other groups? In the other buildings?" Jin muttered, glancing at his boyfriend for his input.

"I mean it could be... but Jinnie, we don't even know if other people survived, let alone caused such racket."

"Come on, Joonie, you and I both know that others are out there. We may not see them, but they are. Every time we go to the convenience store or the pharmacy, the supplies are fewer and fewer. We aren't the only ones." The couple talked quietly for a few more minutes before Namjoon finally nodded, agreeing to Seokjin's theory.

"Okay, so that's an option, but we can't really do anything about that...."

"Honestly," Yoongi spoke up, drawing everyone's attention, "We really can't do anything about it until it happens again. And we don't know what caused it, so we shouldn't worry about it right now. I say we continue on how we have been, a bit more cautiously, but the same. We can't take risks that involve exploring the other buildings until we absolutely need to. So lets move on." The rest of the group nodded and turned to Namjoon to continue on with the morning meeting.

"Okay, supplies, check- food is good right now, especially with what these two brought yesterday, so we don't need to make any runs today. Water is also good, so that's not needed. Basic hygiene needs are running kind of low, but we can worry about that tomorrow... dang, is there anything pressing?" He looked up to the rest of the group, looking for a response.

"Yes," Jungkook spoke up, "I need another knife, and these two's bats won't cut it. We need to take a run to the armory."

Taehyung looked at him questioningly, "The armory?"

"Oi, Jungkook makes it sound so dangerous and important. It's a huge weapons store down town with guns and shit. We haven't made a run in a while, anyway," Yoongi muttered, nodding along with the youngest.