II - Don't go yet

I spent a good hour talking to Jimin and turning down every situation he came up with that could trigger his anxiety in a new environment which would be high school.

Stuff like what if he needs to go to the toilet, solution : I'd either stand back to back with him or guard the door if he wants me to, if he gets hungry and doesn't feel like eating in front of people, solution : I'd either stack up our stuff in the corner for him to hide behind or I find a place where there would be no one but the two of us and so on. 

By now we were just having our typical conversation about what he wants to wear tomorrow and him giving me advice on what he'd like me to wear. I was gonna listen to him of course. 

That was when Jimin's mom knocked and peeked her head in. 

"Boys, lunch is ready. How do you feel Jiminie?" she glanced at us. 

"Bit better...we will be there in a second." Jimin smiled. Once she closed the door again, he looked at me. 

"You're eating with us?" he asked with an excited smile. 

"Your mom offered me and my parents aren't home to cook and share food." I nodded a bit. 

"Yay!" he chuckled. 

...

When we got to the dining table, I sat between Jimin and his brother with their mom and dad sitting opposite to us.

"Are your parents gonna drive you tomorrow or should I?" Jimin's dad started.

We could take a bus but Jimin's anxiety kinda doesn't allow it. 

"They are out of the town and will get back home late at night. I doubt they'd wake up to drive us." I mumbled.

"So we will pick you up at eight then?" he asked. Jimin's parents were really nice and they treated my like their third son at times. They'd offer to drive me or feed me without me asking for it and it was natural to them. 

"Mhm. I promise I will be ready." I smiled. The conversation then went on and soon enough shifted to reassuring Jimin that with me he will be safe. 

...

After lunch I started getting ready to leave to not disturb their family life. Jimin left the table earlier so I didn't get to say bye and I didn't want to upset him if I just go to him to say bye. He has a different mentality than other people. 

"Thank you for your visit. It did help Jimin." miss Park smiled as I grabbed my stuff and we stood at the door. 

"Yeah. No problem. You can call me anytime you notice Jimin having troubles with-" I was gonna say bye after finishing that sentence but I was cut off. 

Not that someone interrupted me, I just kinda choked up.

I saw Jimin at the top of the stairs, looking at me. He was obviously sad. 

"You're leaving already?" he asked pouting.