XXXIV - Change

By the time our parents were done eating and were about to leave, Jimin had locked himself in the bedroom. He refused to open the door even to me or his parents pleading and promising that they are okay with him being gay. 

We heard him sniffle and cry but he said he will open only when everyone is gone and I'm here alone. 

So we finished our dinner and everyone left. 

"Message me once you get to calm him down. I need to know he is okay." miss Park sighed as they walked out to the hallway. 

"Of course. I will let you know." I nodded.

Once the door closed after them, I ran to the bedroom door. 

"Jiminie~ They left. All four of them. Open up please." I knocked on the door. 

Seconds after that I heard him get off the bed and hurry to the door.

As soon as the door opened, he fell into my arms sobbing. 

"Sweetie..calm down. You're gonna cause yourself a panic attack." I pressed him into my chest.

"I-I-I k-k-know." he sobbed. 

"Shh..just breathe slowly okay?" I ruffled his hair. 

I managed to calm him down. So I took him to the bedroom again and lit up a scented candle to help him chill even more. 

He explained how he felt horrible for liking men and saying yes to me before even coming out as a couple to begin with. But we managed to talk it through calmly with no more tears. 

...

It's been a few years. 

Me and Jimin still live together. We both graduated from high school and I got a job. Some of my coworkers are Yoongi and Taehyung in fact. We became friends with Yoongi and his gang. It consisted of Hoseok, Seokjin and Namjoon and we all became pretty close. Like I could leave Jimin alone with any of them and not worry he'd be in danger. They also learned how to manage Jimin's health condition, like what to do if he has a panic attack and such.  

His medication was also reduced as he started doing much better.

Jimin did manage to get employed and he worked from home while I had to come into an office.

We made some money and today was the day. It was our wedding. 

I stood in front of the love of my life, holding his hands, about to say our yes to each other. I just couldn't believe Jimin stood there, in front of our families and friends. Many people over all and he was fine. 

He didn't panic..he was here to marry me. 

We danced together the whole evening, talked to our friends, family, we ate the dinner and the wedding cake, we had some alcohol, we had fun, we got married. 

At the end of the day I was home with my husband sleeping in my arms. 

And let me tell you, it was one of the best moments of my life. 

Years back he was terrified of this day but in the present time, he had the time of his life with me and all our guests.