XII - Romance

"I love you. Not just like a friend..but more." he mumbled as he slowly started to shake.

I could tell he was scared of my reaction.

"Jimin...I'd love to explain how I felt the whole time I had known you. But maybe keep it for later when we have more privacy?" I suggested.

I didn't want to spill my feelings to him just like that and in a library. I wanted to get him some flowers and tell him in his room. His safe place. But I also wanted to make him feel accepted and didn't want to cause a panic attack.

He just smiled a little and nodded.

"Good. Now color your kitty while I let your mom know to come pick us up." I smiled and pecked his lips.

The smile that spread on his face from cheek to cheek as soon as our lips touched the second time was almost magical. He was really happy.

He kept this smile on while I messaged his mom all the way until we came to his place and even when he hurried to take me to his room. He wanted to hear me out badly so I figured I will bring him some chocolate or flowers next time.

"Well? Can you tell me?" he hopped as soon as we got into his room. 

"Hold up.." I reached the door again and locked. 

Once I turned back to him, he didn't look scared. He was confident I won't hurt him.

"I fell in love with you in the early stage of our friendship. I started trying to help you as much as I could. It's sad but many people would never be here for you the way I was in the past years. I was because I care about you, I love you. And I was hesitant because your parents explained it as a friendship kind of love and I wasn't sure if you would know what romantic love is. Which I'm sorry for assuming you wouldn't because you're not autistic or mentally slow..." I kinda smiled. 

"Mhm." he nodded enthusiastically. 

"I was scared to tell you about my emotions but since you started..I don't have a problem coming out to you with my feelings. Being gay and liking men is not bad. It's not too accepted yet but you don't have to feel bad for it. And with that I wanted to say I love you." I subconsciously put my hands on his hips. 

"So...you take care of me because you love me?" his eyes kinda sparkled. 

"I do. I value you a lot and would give up anything in order to make you happy." pulled him closer. 

"And would you start dating me if I asked you to?" he asked running his hand up my torso. 

"Since I love you, yeah. Does that mean we are in a relationship?" I chuckled leaning down to him a bit. 

"I'm down." he nodded. 

So without any more words I got to do what I dreamed of for a long time. I got to kiss the love of my life with his consent.