VI - Safety

The next morning Jimin's dad picked me up. I got into the car and sat next to Jimin at the back. So far everything went fine and Jimin didn't look nervous yet. I knew it would come once we actually are at the place with the people. 

"Good morning Jungkook." Jimin's dad smiled. 

"Good morning. You know, in a rush I found a coloring book for adults so I took that and some color pencils with me. Jimin still likes those right?" I asked as I though Jimin was spacing out because of his smile. 

"Yeah, I still like them." Jimin nodded surprising me by his mental presence. 

"Oh. Sorry Jimin, yeah..I got that. And your mom gave me pills yesterday so we have a big safety nest with us." I smiled and rubbed his thigh a bit. 

"Mhm..." he smiled a bit more as he looked at my hand. 

I thought he was uncomfortable so I pulled my hand away as soon as I realized. 

...

We arrived to the school and I got out of the car. 

"Good luck at school and Jungkook call my wife when you're done. She will pick you up." mister Park smiled as Jimin got out of the car. 

"I will. Thanks for the ride." I smiled and closed the car door. 

We watched the car drive off and Jimin even waved. 

"Well. Now let's go." I took his hand and led him into the school. 

So far he was just curious. He checked out other people's fashion as he doesn't go out unless it's necessary so he doesn't get to see this that often. He looked around the school and just in general was looking around as I led him to our first class. I had been here prior when me and the school director were talking about how would Jimin be accepted in here and all. 

"J-Jungkook?" I heard him mutter as we walked. 

"Yeah?" I stopped and turned to him, worried he wasn't feeling good. 

I had been a witness to one of Jimin's panic attacks but I still don't know all the proper signs except that it happens in crowded places and he starts shaking a lot. 

"I-I just feel like you're leaving me behind a bit." he mumbled looking down. 

"Oh. Right, sorry. I didn't mean to." I wrapped my arm around him to keep him close. 

"It's okay..I just didn't feel too great.." he smiled a bit. 

I could tell he was pretty nervous but it wasn't too bad yet although I was ready to pull out pills and water if he started sweating badly and shaking. In the years I have known him, I became like an overprotective mom who is ready to stick a dinosaur bandage on their toddler's little cut and gently scrapped knee.