Vet 11

This chapter is dedicated to rnv222, NehaBajaj9, thanks for the upvotes and wanderlust0601 nice to see you here too ♡

🐾🐾🐾

I refuse to acknowledge how I feel. I never had any problems with such feelings before, I won't start now.

Thankfully, the world seemed to be on my side as we're going back home. Summer's finally over. It's the start for me to focus on my studies so I should enjoy the last bits of it. I'm gonna go straight to a club when we arrive.

We're waiting for taehyung and jennie wherever they may be to arrive so we can go when I head a familiar tune of engine sputters.

"I forgot something upstairs. Call me if they came." I hurried up the stairs and locked myself in the room refusing to waver one last time. No, I won't even think of him right now.

I laid down on the bed and sighed. I closed my eyes and a knock came. I didn't dare answer.

"Moonbyul?" My traitor heart skipped a beat. He was just calling my name.

"Hey? You ok?" I didn't answer. I silently cussed when I heard the doorknob rattle. Another soft knock came but I didn't even think twice to answer.

"Were you angry about that night?" I sat up and glared at the door.

"I didn't object you because—" I covered my ears. I hurriedly took my earphone and blasted off any song I can immediately play.

I know he didn't refuse me cause I wasn't his type or something like that cause if I wasn't he wouldn't bother kissing back.

After two songs, I pulled out my earphones and sighed when he was gone. My heart pricked and I punched it.

"Stop. You're not supposed to feel anything like that." I hissed. I looked out the window and hurried down seeing taehyung and jennie finally came back.

I slowed down when I was by the bottom of the stairs since he was there.

"I was about to call you." I nodded at him and walk passed.

I ignored the sound of my heartbeat. Was it too loud? Did he hear it? I shrugged it off and bid goodbye to the grannies.

I made a beeline towards the car but hyejin stopped me, closing back the driver's door.

"I can drive this one. You can ride with jennie." Jennie's riding the vet's car with taehyung.

"No need." I snapped and pulled the door open, hopping on. She curiously glanced at me but I ignored her.

The twins rode with me while hyejin rode with chaeng and lisa. Irene have been giving me glances so I know she'll probe about it.

"Soo... spill it byul." Irene asked as soon as we deove away. Jisoo looked at her twin questioningly then gasped

"You were able to do the vet afterall? You never failed huh." Jisoo chuckled. I pursed my lips and tightened my hold on the wheel that I can see my knuckles turning white. See? That's my reputation. I would normally flip my hair and smirk smugly at that but all I can feel now is shame.

"I don't want to talk about it." I was thankful for the glasses I wore. They wouldn't see my puffy eyes. They'd never shut up about me crying over a boy.

"Is something wrong?" I was out of character and it clearly shows seeing how concerned they are.

They grilled on asking me of the vet did something to me but I kept mum about it.

"Nothing. I just realized he not worth my time." Lies. I'm not worth his.

"Bitch you called dibs on him the first time you laid eyes on his well-built bod." I sucked in a breath. I recall the day vividly as if it were just yesterday. I feel my eye sting. Shit. What is this? The feeling's pretty alien to me.

"That, and you're practically smitt–oh." Jisoo faltered.

"Bitch twin telepathy is a myth." I hear Irene grumble.

"Oh." I have a feeling what they wanted to say and I don't wanna hear it.

"Don't say it! I don't want to hear anything from you guys. It was just an infatuation. Same old. No difference." I panted. I said it rather defensively. Have I fallen? Did I? I wanted to scream and laugh at the same time. What a joke. Good thing the twins didn't pry any further or I might've combust.

We arrived at the airport and I threw the keys to the valet. I didn't wait for them as I zoomed towards the entrance and presented my ticket. I went in and checked in ahead.

"Yah. Why didn't you wait for us?" Hyejin playfully punched my arm.

"I just wanna go home." I grumbled, nursing my bicep where she hit.

"You're not telling something." She squinted her eyes at me and I looked away only to be greeted by lisa and Chaeyoung's prying eyes.

I rolled my eyes and walked towards a vacant chair while waiting for them to finish checking in.

Jennie finally checked in but rushed back out when we'll boarding in five minutes. The twins had to run back out to drag her ass back in.

"How about you? Won't you say your last goodbye to the vet?" I looked at chaeyoung who was sipping her chocolate drink seemingly innocent with her question.

"There's nothing between us. He's just a passerby, that's all."

"You sure? He's still studying in Seoul right? You can meet again." I snorted

"Seoul doesn't only have about a hundred population chaeng, I doubt we'll ever bump into each other again."

"If you say so." She shrugged, grinning. I sighed and walked towards the gate, ready to fly out of here.

It's the first time I felt like that for someone and I don't deserve him. Whatever, it's not like I'll have time for all those shit anyway. It's just a distraction.

The plane soon moved and I leaned back, closing my eyes. I can't wait to enjoy the club for the last time.