Vet 17

Thanks JiminHasJamsUnlikeU for supporting the Heartbeat Series and for following me 💕

🐾🐾🐾

I had no sleep. Who can sleep a wink after that?! Me? Being courted? Never in my life would I have imagined to have someone do that to me.

With my reputation, good boys are scared of me while bad boys naturally attracts to me and bad boys knows no courtship. I wanted to deny it but the fluttering of my stomach says otherwise.

"Someone didn't get some sleep last night." Lisa smirked as she opened the door for me.

"Shut up. I'm exhausted." I grumbled, barging in to their place.

"Oh no, no time for you to sleep. Get your ass up, food is waiting." I whined when chaeyoung pulled me up just as my body hit the couch.

"Can't I just stay here? I don't even think I can eat properly." My head is aching from the lack of sleep.

"You need energy to help us and since you lack sleep, you need food in the system! Now come on! Irene's waiting. You didn't even have breakfast which is the most important meal of the day. Now you're gonna have brunch." Park Chaeyoung. Food enthusiast. Ugh.

I let myself dragged by the annoying trio. Why did I think living with them will bring me peace?

"What happened to you?" Irene eyed me and raised a brow.

"Long story." I waved off, sitting next to her and slumped my body to the table while the three ordered for us.

"Irene, I would've thought you already ordered for us." Chaeyoung tsked.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know what you'd want." I snorted

"She'd eat anything." I whispered.

"What?" Chaeyoung's eyes turned to slits

"I said wake me up when food is served." I slumped back to the table and closed my eyes.

🐾

We were walking back to the unit when lisa suddenly stopped on her tracks making me bump into her cause I didn't notice.

"Yah why did you st—op.." I blinked.

"Ooh loverboy's here. We'll leave you two to talk." Hyejin chuckled and the other two gave me teasing looks and Irene looks confused as she was being pulled by the three in lisa and chaeyoung's unit. Passing by hoseok.

There, on our doorstep, stood jung hoseok, a bouquet of flowers on his hands.

"You've got to be kidding me." Was the first thing I could utter.

"Flowers?" He smiled, reaching the flowers to me and I just stared at it. Dumbfounded.

"I don't receive flowers..." I mumbled and he smiled more, showing his teeth as he took a step forward and grabbed my hand and put the flowers on it.

"Well now you do." I bit my tongue. Why is my heart beating erratically fast? Damn traitor shouldn't be feeling like this. It's too girly and peachy and sweet. Not my thing!

"It's not an illusion." My eyes darted from the flowers to his.

"You were staring at it like it's going to vanish from your sight if you look away."

"Why are you doing this?" He put his hand on his pockets and tilted his head at me

"Why do guys court girls?"

"They don't." I rolled my eyes, walking past him

He caught up to me and said "I like you."

I just looked up at him and gave him a once over

"I'm not asking you to answer me immediate—"

"I'm going to focus on my studies." I cut him off.

"I won't be in your way. I too have studies to do."
"I don't have time to go out." He smiled a bit

"Then we can stay indoors and study together." I chewed on my inner cheeks.

"I want to finish my studies before entertaining guys."

"You don't need to. I can entertain you instead." He cheekily smiled and I bit back a smile. He's breaking my walls. Damn it! I knew he was dangerous.

"I'm not promising you anything." I said, trying to sound stern.

"I'm not asking you to. I just want you to let me court you, I'm not asking anything in return." I raised a brow

"Then what's the point of you courting?" He looked at me solemnly before answering.

"To show you your worth." He tucked a hair behind my ear and I thought I stopped breathing.

"I don't want to stop your dramatic moment but you came here to help us byul. Incase you forgot." Chaeyoung  stood by their door, a hand on her hip.

"And hosoek, you told jin didn't you?" Lisa asked, popping up behin chaeng, grinning mischievously. So they're the reason why this one's here.

"I did. He'll come a bit later though, still needs to attend some business matters." He smiled over to the bitches and I slammed the bouquet on his stomach causing him to grunt and clutch on the flowers.

"I think you gave that to the wrong person. I'm not the one who invited you for a house party or whatever you call this shit."

"Aweee byul, no need to be jealous. Loverboy just asked if he can be of help when I told him about us just moving in." Chaeyoung teased.

"Loverboy? Seriously?"

"Bitch have you seen any of us being courted? Even taehyung and jennie didn't go that phase." Lisa chuckled.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes, bumping into them as I pushed past them to get in.

I was greeted by a grinning hyejin. She was smiling from ear to ear and gave a tiny wave and glanced back to see jhope coming in and followed lisa and chaeyoung's instructions for him. I'm gling to scold them later.

"What?!" I snapped at hyejin since she's been staring at me with that annoying smile of hers and putting her face near to me

"Oh nothing. I was just wondering when you'd be giving me my new car keys." I scoffed

"Not happening." She nodded

"Uhuh yeah and pigs fly." She snickered.

"I'm not giving you my car." I huffed.

"We'll see about that." She smirked.