Vet 22

"What are you so happy about?" Hoseok's been smiling at me, tapping on the steering wheel and humming.

"You defended me." That's it?

"So? Am I wrong? Was he right?" He shook his head, still smiling

"I was just stating a fact." He nodded his head.

"Seriously." I insisted and he shrugged. I rolled my eyes at him and looked out the window.

🐾🐾🐾

I tried to focus on my homework but a certain vet is occupying my mind... again. I contemplated whether to talk to hyejin about it but I decided against it.

I groaned and hopped on my bed, face first. I tried holding my breath and gasped for air, laying on my back.

Hoseok's been nothing but sweet, he's like a quicksand. The more I try to move away, the more I sink and it's killing me! He's very consistent and sincere. He always makes time for me despite our busy schedules.

Should I give it a try? Give us a try? But what if it won't work out? What if he turns out to be one of those guys? I covered my face and shook my head.

What if he gets tired of me and I don't wanna let go? What if.. what if I get hurt beyond repair?

What if he does what suho did to Irene? I don't think I can take that. I hate to admit but I'm helplessly falling.

"Aaaaiishh!" I pulled on my hair as I sat up. This is why I don't want that love shit. It makes you crazy and stuff.

I dragged myself to my desk and plugged my earphones in and decided to let music take me away as I do my work. I was on spotify and randomly picked a playlist and put it on a shuffle.

I calmed down and relaxed but then a song came in and every lyrics reminded me of him. I wanted to stop and skip it but it makes my heart flutter. I dropped my pen and I looked to the side and see my reflection.

I cupped my reddened face and a smile was painted on my lips. I hurried to my phone to see what the title and who the artist is. I bit my lips and chewed on it.

"I will just do this just in case." I said to myself and grabbed my laptop to create a mixtape.

I banged my head on my desk and groaned. "What am I doing?" I mumbled to myself.

"This is so cheesy and... ugh!" I heaved a sigh and continued my homework instead.

🐾

Three days. It's been three days since hoseok hadn't contacted me nor showed up for lunch.

Semestral break was gone in a blink of an eye after the professors buried us with projects after projects. What part of break didn't they understand?

As usual, hoseok has been with me all throughout and we even helped on each other's projects.

"What's with the sour faces?" Lisa snickered

"You forgot jungkook." I pointed at her at the guy struggling on his wheelchair on the grass.

"Ugh! Why can't his foot heal faster?" She frownedn standing back up

"Be thankful it can still heal." Chaeyoung smirked and Lisa shuddered at the thought of being jungkook's personal nurse forever.

"Don't say that!" She screeched, glaring at chaeyoung and jogged towards jungkook.

"I know what you're upset about but what about you?" I raised my brow at chaeyoung when she told me that and turned to a frowning Irene.

"I don't feel good lately. I just wanna sleep all day." Irene mumbled tiredly

"And what am I upset about?"

"I don't see the vet here so go figure!" Am I that obvious?

"Holy shit!" Lisa exclaimed as she wheeled jungkook to our table

"What colorful words you have there manoban."

"Shut up jeon, I'm not talking to you." She rolled her eyes and the latter just reached out to the sandwhich

"I won't do that if I were you." Irene chuckled and we looked over to chaeyoung who's staring daggers at the guy.

"Manoban, get me my fo—

"There. Good bunny." Irene cackled when lisa shoved a carrot on jungkook's mouth

"Why does that look different for me?" Hyejin asked as she arrived. Instead of eating at the cafeteria during lunch we decided to eat out canpus so we can all eat lunch together.

"It's just your mind hwasa." Chaeyoung giggled.

"You get what I'm saying so it's in your mind too chae." Hyejin smirked.

"Gosh people, when did you see an orange penis?" Jungkook choked on his food and Irene just laughed some more. She easily laughs and cries lately. Must be the breakup, It's giving her so much mood swings.

"Manoban, do you seriously have no filter with your words?"

"Oh I know you love it when I talk dirty to you." Lisa winked at jungkook playfully

"Not as much as you love me talking dirty to you." He smirked and lisa's brows crease and they begin to bicker.. like always. There's not a day they don't.

"I forgot, I have to go back early. See you guys." I stood up and grabbed my things and left.

"I just want to see what's up. That's all." I muttered to myself. I've been talking to myself alot lately and I don't like it.

"Oooh. Moon Byul-yi in the house!" One guy grinned and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Shut up shownu, where's hoseok?"

"Woaah. Did he finally come through to you? Finally! That guy's been pinning on you for months!"

"What are you talking about? I just came here cause I forgot to give him back his... pen." Really byul? Pen?!

"Just tell me where he is!" I snapped and he laughed, I wonder if he can still see with his eyes like that

"He's in the lab." He jerked his thumb behind him and I gave him my thanks and made my way. I opened it to see hoseok with a girl and they're both getting cozy. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating but I don't like what I'm seeing.

"Sorry, thought this was the morgue." I blankly said when they looked over to me. Oh, look they even move in sync. Psh. I rolled my eyes and walked out.