♦SEVEN♦

Jeongguk felt water run down his body, his skin turning pink due to its heat.

He was sitting in the shower while curled up in a ball, hearing nothing but the water run from above him. Though he could've gone home, Jeongguk begged for him to stay the night at Taehyung's, since the thought of going home to an empty and dark house made nothing but a bad feeling form in the pit of his stomach.

Now, he's sitting in the shower at Taehyung's house, his mind replaying everything that he had happened before and after he fell into the lake.

Jeongguk wanted to cry, but he was unable to get any tears out. Instead, he felt numb and lifeless. Really, he knew that his trigger was the fact that he saw him again. Even if it had been an illusion, he had seen his brother for the first time in six years.

And it made his heart break.

Not wanting to make Taehyung worried, Jeongguk turned off the shower and stood up. He knew the older was setting up his room for him, and a part of the younger felt bad for putting his friend through this only because he was too scared to go back home alone.

Jeongguk dried himself off and then put on the clothes that Taehyung had given him before he showered. He had been given an oversized shirt and red pajama pants, but Jeongguk didn't really mind since he's always had a soft spot for oversized things.

Once he was completely finished, Jeongguk walked out of the bathroom and wondering around the nicely decorated house, trying to find the guest room that he was supposed to be staying in.

As he walked down the hallway, he tried to remember which room was the one he was sleeping in tonight. He knew it was the guest room, but he had forgotten where it was. 

"Jeongguk?"

The younger turned his head to find Taehyung standing at the end of the hall, walking towards him "What are you doing?"

"Oh, um.." Jeongguk trailed "I forgot where I the guest room is."

A small smile formed on the older's lips "it's alright, come with me."

Jeongguk nodded, and Taehyung then led him to the correct room. The guest room was small with the big bed in the middle and a desk to the side. The bed was nicely made and the room seemed very clean, making Jeongguk realize that Taehyung and his Hyung probably didn't use this room often.

"Do you need anything else?" Taehyung asked. He's tried to be as gentle as possible to the younger, knowing that he was still recovering from the incident. 

"No, I don't think so" Jeongguk replied, "but, do you mind staying for a bit?"

"Oh no, not at all" Taehyung said, softly.

Taehyung dimmed the lights down before Jeongguk climbed into the bed, pulling the covers over himself. Taehyung sat on the side of the bed as Jeongguk stared up at the dark ceiling. It was quiet between the two before Taehyung decided to break the silence.

"Are you okay?" The older asked.

Jeongguk didn't know if he should lie or honest, but eventually, he went with the latter: "no."

"Do you want to talk about it?" Taehyung said, his voice quiet.

Jeongguk looked up at the older. Though it was dark, the younger could still clearly see the older's silhouette and his gray eyes. They were so pretty and clear that Jeongguk almost envied Taehyung for them.

"I've never really had anyone to talk too" Jeongguk confessed.

"Well, you can talk to me," Taehyung said, "you can tell me whatever happened when I wasn't there if you want."