♦TWENTY ONE♦

"Yo, who are you texting?" Hoseok said, leaning over to try and see Jeongguk's phone.

Jeongguk practically fell from his chair as he tried to hide his phone, unaware that Hoseok had been watching him for god knows how long. It was lunch, and while Hoseok had gotten up to a get a drink, Jeongguk had been texting Taehyung (and also sending lots of heart emojis).

"Hobi! You know I hate it when you look over my shoulder" Jeongguk exclaimed, "you scared me!"

"Wait, what happened?" Jimin asked.

"Well, when I came back after getting my drink, I saw Jeongguk smiling" Hoseok began "and I've never seen him smile like that before, so I instantly grew curious and I looked over his shoulder to see him texting someone. He also used lots of heart emojis."

"Don't you think you might be overreacting?" Jimin asked, "I mean, he could've been texting his mom or something."

"Um, I doubt it," Hoseok said "but then again, what do I know? I could be wrong." 

The two boys turned towards the younger, each waiting for an explanation. Jeongguk's face was now bright red. "I-I was planning to tell you guys in a couple of days, but I guess nows the time."

Jeongguk held his breath, then exhaled as he said what the two other boys were waiting on him.

"I uh, might have a boyfriend."

Hoseok screamed in the highest voice he's ever heard and Jimin's jaw dropped.

"What's his name? What does he look like? Does he go here? How long have you been dating?" Hoseok said, overwhelming the younger with questions. 

"Do you remember the guy that stopped by my house on my birthday? That's him" Jeongguk told him.  

"The guy with the silver hair?!" Hoseok exclaimed "wait do you have a picture of him? I can't remember him that well."

Jeongguk nodded as he went through his phone, trying to find the perfect picture to show his friends. Finally, he found a hot mirror selfie the older had once sent him when he was bored at home.

Hoseok studied the phone intently as he gasped, and he passed it to Jimin to see, though he didn't seem as interested.

"His name's Taehyung, and he's in college," Jeongguk told him, as he put his phone away. 

"He's so hot," Hoseok said "hold up, college? Damn Jeongguk, you're good."

Jeongguk smiled "we've known each other for a while, but we started dating recently."

Hoseok smiled in return "so, you really like this guy?"

Jeongguk hesitated, but then quickly nodded "I'm kinda crazy about him."

Hoseok hugged the younger briefly "god I'm so proud of you Ggukie! I don't even know this guy, but if he makes you happy then that's great. And if you're happy, I'm happy."

"I agree," Jimin said, and an expression flashed along his friend's face, though it was so quick that Jeongguk didn't have time to analyze what it meant. 

Jeongguk felt himself smiling again, more than happy that his best friends were accepting of this. He hugged Hoseok back, "I love you guys so much."

"And we love you," Hoseok said after they both had pulled away "just don't forget about us and remember that if he breaks your heart, I'll hunt him down."

"Yeah, yeah," Jeongguk said, playfully rolling his eyes "but seriously, I could never forget you."

"Of course you couldn't" Hoseok joked, then gasped as soon as he realized something: "wait, when can we meet him? I know he must have a busy schedule, but I have to meet the man that's stolen your heart. Actually, I heard that some senior is throwing a party tomorrow night, maybe we could all go together?"