♦TWENTY-FIVE♦

The doorbell rang loudly, startling Jeongguk.

He wasn't expecting anyone to come over tonight, even though his parents were currently out. His mother had apologized since it was unexpected and said the reason was that there was an emergency at the doctor's office, but Jeongguk didn't mind and told them to go right along.

Jeongguk had called Taehyung earlier to see if he could come over, but sadly he was busy. Taehyung said something about going his Hyung dragging him to a get together with some vampires in Busan, but Jeongguk had told him that it was okay.

He also remembered Hoseok and Jimin saying that they wanted to go to another party, and though they encouraged Jeongguk to go too he didn't want too. One party every other month was more than enough for him.

So now here Jeongguk was, sitting on his couch and wrapped up in two different blankets. He had ordered a whole pizza for himself, and he was trying not to cry while watching The Untamed.

So when Jeongguk heard the loud and obnoxious sound of his goddamn doorbell, he was more than surprised. Jeongguk paused the TV and got up, slowly walking to the door.

Secretly, he hoped that it was Taehyung who was standing out there, waiting for him to let him in. Maybe he had left his gathering early, and he decided to stop by to see what Jeongguk was doing, or maybe because he missed him.

As Jeongguk opened the door with these thoughts in mind, his jaw dropped once he saw who was really standing there.

Jimin.

"Ahh Jeonggukie~" Jimin slurred, practically falling in front of him while trying to hug him. Jeongguk froze as Jimin wrapped his arms around him, reeking of alcohol.

"Jimin, did you drive here?!" Jeongguk exclaimed.

Jimin shook his head, then started to laugh "nah bro, I walked! The party was kinda lame, so I just left... then I remembered that your house wasn't that far from where you were, you know?"

Jeongguk managed to drag Jimin in and closed the door behind him, locking it. He led his friend to the couch, and he sat down as Jeongguk turned off the TV.

"What are you doing here, Jimin?" Jeongguk asked, still standing.

"I wanted to see you" Jimin slurred "I've missed you, you know."

Jeongguk felt his heart flutter, but it wasn't out of love. His heart fluttered at the fact that he wasn't the only one who missed his friend, and that maybe - even though Jimin was wasted - they could try and work things out.

"Me too," Jeongguk said quietly, though Jimin had heard him.

"I thought you hated me" Jimin mumbled, running a hand through his hair "you haven't talked to me in weeks."

"Because you're always the one who does the talking," Jeongguk said "remember when we were little and we would get into fights, you would always be the one to come to me and tell me you were sorry. You didn't do that, so I thought you were really mad or something."

"I'm sorry," Jimin said, "I'm so sorry-"

Suddenly, Jeongguk felt Jimin grab his arm and sit him down on the couch. His hand trailed up his arm, and then to his shoulder.

Jeongguk grew confused "Jimin, what the hell are you doing?!"

"You wanna know the real reason I got mad about Taehyung?" Jimin whispered "because I was jealous. I was jealous about the way you talked about him. When I saw you kiss him, I'd never seen you look so happy before."

"Jimin, you're always gonna be my best friend," Jeongguk said, "you have nothing to be jealous about."

"No, not like that" Jimin said, his hand now moving from his shoulder to his cheek. Jeongguk froze, beginning to feel panicked.