The Christain Girl

JUGHEAD POV

I walked into the kitchen and saw a plate of eggs and bacon on the table with a cup of coffee. I felt the bandage on my forehead and looked at my mother who was doing the dishes.

"I don't think I'll be able to go to church this morning." I said. Mom turned around to look at me and sighed.

"I should call your father." Mom said.

"No." I replied.

"You have to talk to him eventually. This feud between you both can't go on like this! You need a father in your life. By the way, you're going to church. You're not missing out this time."

"Fine." I groaned and stood up. I grabbed my jacket and put my shoes on. Mom did the same and we left the house. We went to the car and I got in the passenger's seat. Mom got in the driver's seat and she took off. Mom was a reckless driver. But she never missed a Sunday of church. She was almost as religious as Hal Cooper. Pastor Cooper was the most religious man in Riverdale along with his daughter, Betty Cooper. She was a smart and quiet girl at school and the most Christian girl. She's often bullied for being such a loser. It's all fun and games with the bullying though.

We walked into the church and sat in the 5th row. I saw Toni and her family sitting in the front row. She always tried to not stare at me in  church but couldn't help herself. She always had this fantasy of getting back together with me but I have no interest in her.

"Before we get started, let's hear the church choir. 'The lighthouse' with the solo performed by Betty Cooper." Pastor Cooper said. The church choir rose and started to sing. The choir wasn't that bad. It was full of old people that smelt like maple syrup. Except Betty Cooper.

"Lord let your holy light shine on me." Betty sang. I'll admit, she has a really good singing voice. But she's still never someone I'd ever want to be friends with. I need to keep my reputation and stay away from Virgin Mary.