The Wedding

JUGHEAD POV(2-weeks later)

I stood at the alter and waited patiently for Betty to come. It was our wedding day. I was completing her number one on her bucket list. To get married in the church where her mother grew up.

I had my father as my best man. Betty's bridesmaid was Cheryl. It was a very small wedding but definitely a meaningful one. I'll never forget it. I exchanged with all of the people in the seats. With Sweetpea, Archie, Mom, Toni, and Veronica. I was so nervous...until I saw the doors open.

Betty was in a long-white dress and a white vail was in behind her head. She was holding a bouquet of pink roses and her arm was linked to her father's. She was smiling and just looking around at everyone. She got up to the alter and stood in front of me. Her father stood at the stand. He was the one marrying Betty and I.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs."-Corinthians 13:4." Pastor Cooper nodded. He kept going on with his other speeches but I was only paying attention to Betty.

"I love you." I mouthed to her.

"I love you." She mouthed back.

"Forsythe Pendleton Jones the III, do you take Elizabeth Marie Cooper to be your lawfully wedded wife?" Pastor Cooper asked.

"I, thee Forsythe Pendleton Jones the III, take Elizabeth Marie Cooper to be my lawfully wedded wife."

"Elizabeth Marie Cooper, you take Forsythe Pendleton Jones the III to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I, thee Elizabeth Marie Cooper, take Forsythe Pendleton Jones the III to be my lawfully wedded husband." Betty smiled. We were given the wedding rings and put them on each other's fingers.

"You may now kiss the bride." Pastor Cooper said. Betty and I kissed and everyone cheered. It was one of the happiest days of my life. I will never forget it.

Betty and I spent that summer together with a lot of love and happiness. More than many people will ever know. Then in August, she went to Heaven. With her love and faith.