Sweetness

BETTY POV

I was in the kitchen stirring the soup and putting more vegetables in it. Dad was ranting about Jughead coming to the house. People like him are sinful, yes. But Jughead might wanna be my friend.

"Does he have that bandage off his forehead yet?" Dad asked coming into the kitchen.

"Yes. He's had it off for awhile now."

"Jughead Jones is coming to our house! He's ruthless and he's careless! He's the worst kind of boy!" Dad shouted. I turned to him and I sighed.

"What about forgiveness? I thought we discussed that I would choose how I wanted to spend my time and my life."

"Well, it's him I don't trust, not you." Dad said. The doorbell rang and Dad took over the stirring. I went to the door and opened it.
———————————————————————-
JUGHEAD POV

I knocked on the door to Betty's house and she answered it. I had walked down the street and walked the rest of the way here so nobody would know that I came here.

"Hey!" I smiled.

"Hey."

"Are you gonna keep me out here forever or are you gonna let me in?" I asked. Betty giggled and nodded.

"Come in." She smiled. I walked into the house and she shut the door. "I left my script upstairs so let me go get that. Make yourself at home." She said and walked away.

"I doubt it." I mumbled. I walked over to the fireplace and saw pictures. Pictures of Hal Cooper and Betty Cooper. There were paintings of Jesus everywhere. I walked over to a crucifix hanging up on the wall and intensely stared at it.

"Hello Jugh-"

"Jesu-" I began turning around while having a scare.

"I'm not him, I'm Pastor Cooper. I'm also Betty's father." He nodded. There was a moment of silence and then I sighed.

"Thank you for letting me come over and rehearse lines with Betty-"

"I didn't."

"Oh." I said. Pastor Cooper stepped closer to me and put his hands behind his back.

"Mr. Jones, you think I don't see you every Sunday in church. But I do. In fact, I see everyone. I also see that you got the bandage taken off of your forehead. How do you feel?"

"I feel a lot less insecure without the bandage. I'm back to being sexy...I mean good-looking." I shrugged. Pastor Cooper did a judging nod and I saw Betty come downstairs.

"Hey, Jug! Are you ready?"

"Yeah!" I exclaimed. Pastor Cooper and I exchanged looks and then I went upstairs with Betty to her room. Pastor Cooper hates me.