Christina (Continued)

"Hi, Dani!" 

Dani's face turns bright red when Alexandria says that. 

"I, um, sorry about that rat..." Dani says, nodding at me. Alexandria just laughs and shakes her head, smiling and my little sister. Dani's face pales then flushes again. Oh, if only Alexandria knew. 

Dani's face isn't red anymore, but her cheeks are flushed and she is smiling like an idiot and Alexandria. Alexandria is smiling too, but in an amused way. She's still on and off giggling as well. After a minute I hear whispers and giggles from behind me and turn around to see the other four girls standing there, Kath with a spatula and apron and Amy with a butter knife, watching Dani. I clear my throat and they all jump and try to be natural by looking at their phone or something. I swear living in this house is like being in a really cheesy sitcom. 

I finally go over to Dani and Alexandria and grab Alexandria's arm, pulling her into the kitchen. We all sit down and say prayer, then dig in. Dani gets like, 4 waffles and a ton of eggs, I get a waffle, some eggs, and avocado, Lauren gets avocado toast and eggs, Kath gets 2 waffles and some eggs, Amy gets a waffle, toats, and a few eggs, and Lisa gets, like, 3 waffles and a bunch of chicken. Don't ask me where she got it. 

I turn my attention to Alexandria and notice that she hasn't really eaten what little she got. She got a half of a waffle- Lauren got the other half- and a spoonful of eggs. She is cutting her waffle up really small and just moving the eggs around. Every now and then she takes a minuscule piece of waffle and eats it, but that's it. 

"Not hungry?" I half-whisper to her. She looks up kind of suddenly, surprised by my question. 

"Sorry, what?" 

"You aren't hungry?" I nod to her food, talking a bit louder now. I've gotten those nearest to us' attention. Lisa and Kath. Lisa is looking between Alexandria and her food, her eyes narrowed in either thought or suspicion, and Kath is staring at me as if asking, "everything okay?" I give a small shake of my head and they both go back to what they were doing before. 

"Christina? Chris? Hello?" I startle back into life. 

"What did you say?" I ask. Alexandria laughs a bit then her smile gets a bit smaller and more serious. 

"I just said not really," she responds, shrugging. I nod, not wanting to put any more stress on her, but remind myself to talk to her tonight. Like, have a deep talk, not just an "ooh boys, clothes, blah blah blah" talk. Finally, we all finish up. Alexandria doesn't eat anymore, but kind of jokes and laughs and talks with us at least. I grab her hand a pull her to the door, grabbing my keys and phone. 

"Alright guys, we're out," I notify everyone. They all just nod and go their separate ways. I roll my eyes, then we walk out to my truck and get in. We start it and leave for the 20-minute ride to the mall. The one we never made last time. But it's fine, it's all fine. I hope. 

The ride there wasn't very eventful, we just listened to music, sang, and talked. The trip wasn't all that interesting either. I did notice that she ate more at lunch, but she was in the bathroom for a while afterward. I didn't wanna go check on her cause that's weird, but I was getting worried. Luckily she came out right as I was gonna walk in. Her eyes were red, though. I'll talk to Kath and Lisa tonight. 

We went to Forever 21, American Eagle, Rue 21, and Hollister but Hollister sucked. Their clothes are only for unhealthily skinny people apparently. I didn't let her pay for anything. Yes, it was a lot of money, but it was totally worth it. I don't know why, but I just feel this strange mother-daughter bust also big sister-little sister relationship with her. All I know is that she is my family now.