Alexandria

Alexandria's pov

I awaken to the brutal noise of an alarm blaring. I groan and roll over, bumping into Alex. 

"Turn it off..." I mumble and she clumsily grabs her phone and turns the alarm off. We lay there in silence when she finally sits up and rubs her eyes. She pulls the covers off of me and I snatch them back and cocoon myself. 

"Cold," I say, glaring at her with blurry vision. 

"How? It's like, seventy degrees in here," she says. I shrug and roll over. She sighs then comes up behind me and pushes me off the bed. I untangle myself and stand up, grabbing my glasses and putting them on. 

"Rude," I say. 

"Tell that to the school system," she responds and I groan. 

"Ugh, school. I forgot." 

"Yeah 'cause you haven't had to go for a long time. You don't even have to do work today!" 

"Yeah but its too early. Look, it's still dark!" I motion to the window, and, sure enough, its pitch back outside. 

"Welcome back to the real world, cupcake," Alex says, then walks into her closet and shuts the door, I assume, to change. I dig through my clothes and pull out a huge- 2XL, I think- sweatshirt that I got in Hilton Head. It's blueish-purple and says "Beach patrol. Off duty. Save yourself." with a cross design. Like first-aid, y'know. I also grab a pair of jean shorts that are Lauren's. They're a little big, but whatever. I quickly change while she's still in her closet and throw on some checkered vans. I pull my hair out of its bun and pull a brush through it, avoiding the pink, purple, and orange hair wrap that I did last night. I did one for Alex too, but it's completely purple. (We had limited colors.) Then I dyed a streak of her hair blue and she dyed my hair black. I walk over to her vanity and throw on a little mascara, then pack my stuff up. I am throwing the last thing into my bag when Alex emerges. She's wearing her hair down as well, along with a pink t-shirt with a pocket, a pair of lightly ripped jeans with flower patches, and checkered vans. Like me! 

"I hate to break it too you, but you need new clothes," Alex says to me. 

"Shut up," I respond, smiling, then I pull my shorts up. Alex rolls her eyes then waves at me to follow her. I grab my bag and walk downstairs for breakfast. I grab my phone on the way out and glance at it. Looks like I have a bunch of social media updates- no surprise- some texts from the band group chat- no surprise- and... a text from Jocelyn? Big surprise! 

I stick my phone in my pocket and sit down at the table while Alex makes breakfast. It's only 5 so we have time. School starts at 9 and Alex lives an hour away. As she makes waffles, I check my phone. First, Instagram. I have a bunch of message requests from fans- which makes me smile a lot- a meme from Elise, and a message from my cousin Maddie. 

"Hey! I got your letter! I miss you too! And I am totally okay with y'all staying with me for however long you want. I checked your account, and I can't believe how much you've blown up! I'm so proud of you, girly! I love you so so much! Talk to you soon!" 

I grin and send her back a heart, then look at the other notifications. My last post- the pictures we took yesterday at the Collection- has... 456K likes and 589 comments! What! 

"Alex!" I yell. Her parents are already at work and her brother is asleep downstairs. She startles and almost drops a waffle. 

"What?" She asks, recovering. 

"Sorry, but you've gotta see this!"

"I'll be over in a second, hold that thought." She grabs our plates and walks over and sets them down, then sits next to me. "What is it?"