Unpopular Opinions #1 (21/09/19)

Hey. Hello. Howdy. Wassup?

Hello everyone somehow still here tonight.

It's that time again where it's been probably a month since my last update here so here we go.

Sorry if I don't sound too enthused; I've been really sick all week and haven't gotten much better, so kinds meh atm but pushing on because that's what I do.

I haven't been having a great run recently but I'm trying to keep as positive as I can and so I wanna update here and see how we go.

I'm currently manning the hard-cam for a wrestling show so I have time on my hands.

As the title suggests, I wanted to do an unpopular opinions part because why not?

I did actually have an entire half a part written for here about 2 weeks ago but deleted it for reasons.
I will talk about this at the end maybe. What I wanna do in the way of here. You get the gist of it.

So today's unpopular opinions part is gonna be on, yes that's right: music!

On the way to the show here, I was thinking about this kinda thing so I thought that I'd go ahead and write down my most likely unpopular opinions when it comes to one of the only things I know vague things about.

Feel free to add in your opinion and whatnot as always because I like comments and interacting with y'all and I like to see thoughts.

This is going to get angry very quick. Ye been warned.

1: Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, AC/DC, Metallica (those from that era) are all outdated and need to disappear to let the newer (and imo better) generation of musicians get a foothold and show what they can do.

Y'see, I have never been a fan of that era of rock/metal etc.
Got into a slight argument with my now housemate on the way to the show over this.

He was listening to that damn Post Malone feat. Ozzy Osbourne song and thought it was great and I made the comment that it wasn't actually that great and it went from there.

His counter argument truly consisted of just "but look at how big of an impact Black Sabbath and those bands had" and yes, I get that, but I don't like them. I don't like their sound.

Sure they paved the way but that was years and years ago. They are past their prime and outdated.

That's like me saying in 15 years when some 'rockstar' makes a song featuring Spencer Charnas and my counter argument only being "oh but look at the way that INK paved for that rockstar and all those other bands". Doesn't mean they're not outdated.
Not that INK will ever be outdated. You get the point.

2: Mumble Rap is not cool.

I don't give a fuck what you think; mumble rap has to fucking die out.

Have you seen these wannbe motherfuckers?

Post Malone is not cool. What does he even say in his songs? I've no fucking clue. Someone, please enlighten me.

How did these bastards get so into the mainstream and considered as rockstars?

Give me a damn break.

3: 5SOS is a damn pop group.

I've said if before and I'll say it again (if you think you're alive then you're better off dead), they are not a rock band.
Leave me alone.

4: The Holy Emo Trinity fucking sucks.

Technically now the Holy Emo Quartet but whatever.

Those of you lucky enough not to know what I'm on about, lemme explain.

This quartet is made up of My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Panic! At the Disco and Twenty-One Pilots.

I truly never have understood the hype behind any of these groups. Tbh they're all very mediocre.

Doesn't make you 'cool' or 'emo' to like them. You don't have the like them to be a fan of the genres.

Y'know that emo wasn't this cool thing when I was growing up? It was a serious issue, not some cool trend.
Stop. Please.

You wanna know why I hate March 21st so much? Yeah because they always go on and on about how My Chem broke up.

Every. Fucking. Year.

***

I'm sure I had more points but can't remember them.
Have these for now.

Thoughts are appreciated.

So what I wanna do, is I wanna start doing like 'book review' stuff of ones I read on here or in the outside world but not as 'reviews' as such, more like my thoughts...?

If that makes sense.

I have also put The Forsaken Dimension on hold for the moment until I get more time on my hands.

Now, have a picture of how I've felt all week and still do.

Until next time!