Chapter : 12

Misha's POV:

A perfect family picture!

As I kept looking at the picture I felt more and more tears running down my cheeks. It was picture of Varun, Tanvi and Isha. Everyone looked so happy, it was clearly visible in their eyes. Varun looked so happy, also he had the dimple in this picture which he gets when he is genuinely happy and smiling. My eyes moved towards Tanvi and I felt my heart sank in the deep ocean of pain. I agree I didn't use to like her, I was always jealous to see her with Varun but never once I imagined something bad for her. What happened with Tanvi was unfair, life was so unfair to her!

Talking about this picture I wasn't expecting it to be here and now that I saw it, I was scared. I don't know the reason but yeah, I was scared, a lot actually. I moved aside flower strings and sat on the edge of the bed. I tried to think about something different but the picture kept flashing before my eyes. It started to get uncomfortable, the room was undoubtedly large but still it became difficult for me to breathe. what is wrong with me? I went towards the balcony to calm myself. Nature can always bring you back to normal.

As soon as I felt the cold breeze faming my face I got relaxed like nothing was wrong with me. Thank god. The only thing bothering me at that moment was my heavy clothes and ornaments. I'm not used to wearing all this ornaments and heavy designed clothes which made me think of different ideas to get rid of them but then again, I decided to wait till Varun comes.

I went ahead and stood at the very edge of balcony. The sky looked more clear from there. I looked all over the sky to see the moon but couldn't find it. Neither the moon in sky nor my moon, who is sitting downstairs was here! I smiled at myself and looked back in the sky. Though moon wasn't here, the stars did it's job very well, Making the sky look beautiful as always.

As I saw the blinking stars I thought of my life and how quickly it changed. The girl who never wanted to marry is actually married now and that too to her high School Crush. The man she always admired from distance. I smiled again. My day today seemed like a rollercoaster, at one moment I'm sad and at other I'm the happiest.
Now that I'm happy and smiling I pray that nothing bad happens ahead, which will make me cry.

I sighed and came back to room. why is Varun not here yet? The thought of him made my heart hammer against my chest. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw my cheeks tainted with a shade of pink. oh god! Only Varun can have this effect on me.

I sat on the couch waiting for him to come. There's nothing like first night, going to happen between us and I was very much ok with that but what will we talk when he comes? Should I start the conversation or let him do it? No no no, I'm definitely not letting him start it, last time when he did that, it broke my heart into million pieces. I don't want that to happen this time.

I was getting bored, it has been more than fifteen since I was sitting on the couch, doing nothing except for waiting and thinking! where is he? I was about to get up but stopped immediately when I heard the sound of door knob. I guess he is here! My heartbeat raised as I waited for him to come inside. My whole body was on fire, I didn't dare to get up because I knew I would fall down.

Thirty seconds passed but still no one came in. I got disappointed. Maybe that was not the sound of doorknob. I looked sideways and then within zero seconds I felt the door wide open and saw Varun entering. Oh god!

As soon as he entered, I don't know what came over me, I got up and stood straight holding the side of couch to avoid falling. I was confused on what to do next so I kept looking at him. His prominent strong jaw looked more strong now as if he was clenching his teeth. There was so sign of tiredness, he still managed to look fresh as always. Talking about his hair, am I supposed to say that he looked good even with his ruffled hair? Stop it Misha! I mentally scolded myself and waited for his next move.