Chapter : 58

Misha's POV:

"Ready baby?" I asked Isha as she nodded happily.

Since yesterday I have been making her learn a poem, which she has to go and say in front of Varun. He is better now, the first two days, he wasn't talking with anyone. He was with himself, locked in his room. Yesterday he came downstairs and sat with everyone, he didn't talk much but was little ok. Uncle, aunty and Arya went home yesterday and though they were a bit annoying, I miss them. Their presence made our home more lively now it seems very dull.

"Don't tell him my name ok?" I reminded her again. I have been trying so hard to make Varun happy again, these past three days, there isn't a single time, I played with Isha, I always make Varun do it. I knew he wasn't sleeping peacefully but while playing with Isha, he looks happy seeing all the antics and so I always send Isha to him.

"Ok." She replied.

"Why is Dad sad?" She asked when she saw Varun sitting quietly in the  living room. She asks this question to me daily and though I reply the same thing, she keeps asking it again and again.

"He is sick, not sad. When you are sick, what does dad do? He make you smile, he plays with you, he takes care of you, right? So you should too." I replied.

"Ok." She screamed and ran away happily. She was going towards Varun but stopped and turned towards another direction when she saw Dad picking up her toys. now, she will go and get her toys first. My jealous kid, he won't do anything to your toys, go towards Varun now.

As expected she went towards Dad first and snatched her doll out of his hand.

"My doll." She said and carrying her doll with her she ran towards Varun leaving dad in a complete question mark.

"Dad." She said as she went towards him, gesturing him to lift and put her on his lap. He did as she said and then she finally hugged him and sat there quietly playing with his face. Baby poem! I worked very hard to make you learn it, you can't disappoint me. I waited there for some more thinking that at least she will start the poem but she didn't, so I began to leave from there.

"Dad, I want to tell you something." Isha said making me stop. I turned at looked at her.

"Wait, I will stand." She said and jumped out of his lap, fixed her dress and stood straight. She then finally started saying the poem which I taught. It was a small poem on the topic 'My Dad' which I found on internet, I made Isha recite it and too my shock, she learnt it very easily, considering her age the pronunciation was not much clear but it was quite​ understandable.

"And I love my dad so much." She said as she finally completed saying it. Varun already had tears in his eyes, I knew they were the tears of happiness because it's the first poem which Isha has said.

"I love you." He said and lifted her in his arms kissing her cheeks.

"How was it? I thought I will make you happy but you are crying." She said and started wiping his tears.

"I'm happy baby, very happy. It was so good, who taught you?" He asked.

"Mumma. She only said to go and say it in front of you, she said that we should make dad happy because you are sad."

You were not supposed to say that baby. Never tell a kid to keep a secret, they won't do it ever.

I hide myself behind the kitchen door before Varun could look at me. I don't know why but I was a little nervous to go in front of him after what Isha said.

"You stop smiling. Go and serve him breakfast." I said to Janvi as she was laughing at me.

"Alright." She replied and went out of the kitchen. After few minutes she returned with a angry look.