6

C H A P T E R  6
'Secrets'

C H A P T E R  6'Secrets'

M E I

Akashi Hekima was a woman that joined our family just a few years back. She was originally a member of the Kurosaki family. A family that is almost as great as the Akashi and Udai families. Neither of of, the three heirs liked the woman at first. After all, Shiori had always been a woman who loved both her son and her nephew and niece dearly. She loved all three of us. So when she passed away, great tragedy took upon our family. I've never met my own mother, that's Shiori the mother I always wanted. But then, years after that, uncle Masaomi found...someone to replace Shiori.

The three of us were trained in various espects since we were young... But we as rich kids, we still grew up quite the brats. Glares, pranks, snarky comments and a cold shoulder is the gift we gave Hekima when she moved into the household. But she always shrugged it off with a laugh and covered for us when our fathers wanted to punish us.

Then, when our fathers were on a business trip, I fell from a horse and got hurt pretty bad. Both Tenma-niisan and Sei-niisan were scared and didn't know what to do. The maids called an ambulance and I was rushed to a hospital. Despite being told that I'll be okay, Hekima still rushed to the hospital, dropping her own work, in tears, worried and scared sick for me. She cried and cried.

That brat trio of ours was shocked frozen. We didn't know what to do. But that's all it took for us to warm up to a woman. Before we knew it, she became someone who treated us as her own children. She was like a second Shiori to us. And all of us loved that.

Hekima always loved the thought of becoming a doctor. A children's doctor. She studied hard and made sure to become one, because she absolutely loves children. At first she worked in a shitty clinic, but when she married into our family, uncle Masaomi and dad made sure she gets a position in our private clinic, where the best doctors work.

Why am I telling you this? Well, Hekima has nothing to do with the trauma section...and yet here she is...annoying the hell out of Takishima Kohaku, a close friend of my dad's and my uncle's. They went to school together and were always best friends. Even to this day. Sei-niisan was the one in charge of taking me here and yet when she heard that I'm going to be coming here for my last meeting, she drove down here herself.

"Sorry, Hekima. Can you leave? This meeting is a private one."

"Eh ?! Since when?!"

"Since Akashi Seijuro have his permission for it to become private."

She pouts, knowing that she won't change her son's mind. "Fine." She puffs out her cheeks even more and gives us a childish glare. "Be secretive then."

Uncle Kohaku narrows his eyes at the girl and frowns. "Go get ready for the surgery. Your aid will be needed."

"Oh shoot!" She shouts and runs out of the office. "I forgot!" With that, she closes the doors and runs off, leaving just the two of us here. The man looks down at the documents again. It's been two hours since I arrived at the hospital. I did all kinds of tests. My stamina's just as shit as I remember. Everything seemed to be fine, until the pain appeared that made me face plant the running track.