8

C H A P T E R  8
'The Ace, The Blazing Raven & The Guardian Deity: The Ultimate trio!'

C H A P T E R  8'The Ace, The Blazing Raven & The Guardian Deity: The Ultimate trio!'

M E I

"I'm late! I'm late! I'm FUCKING late!" I scream as I rush out of the giant apartment, wearing my uniform and gripping my school bag in hand. The apartment complex is huge and luxurious, with guards and stuff. I'm surprised there's even one here, in a small town as such.

" Morning, lady Udai." The doorbiy greets making me smile and rush past him. I start running not really knowing which way would be shorter. Screw moving into new places.

"Ah! Mei-senpai !" A cheerful voice catches my attention as I run. I stop and turn around, suddenly, Hinata stops his bike right next to me. "Ohayo!"

"Hey, hey! What are you doing here?"

"I always take this road to school! Ah, get on ! We're going to be late if we walk!" I nod, feeling glad that Hinata found met his morning. I take a seat, feeling a little uncomfortable. But this will have to do for now, if I don't want to be late. He starts pedaling, making us move quite fast.

" Where were you these past two days, Mei-senpai? You missed a lot." He asks making me smile.

"Ah! I had some documents to fill in at the hospitals where my knee was treated. And I happened to move into a new apartment, so I had a lot of stuff going on. Have you met Yuu-kun?" I ask making him nod energetically.

"He's so cool! Everything about senpai is cool!" I giggle knowing that Yuu must be on cloud 9 as someone calls him senpai.
"We also met Asahi-san!" With that, my smile fades. I look at his back in surprise.

"Has he returned?"

"No! But Kageyama and I went to ask him to return! He seemed to miss playing to I think he'll be coming back! Oh! Also! We'll be having a practise match against Nekoma on golden week!"

Holy crap! I actually did miss a lot!

Nekoma? Holy- what the hell?

" Seriously? Oh, man! I can't wait! "I giggle making the boy hum in response happily.

" I can't wait to see you play, Mei-senpai! Everyone speaks about you so highly! Nishinoya-senpai even called you a Goddess!" I sweatdrop, knowing that side of our libero...

" I-Is that so? "

" Yeah! The Grand King even mentioned you being a Pheonix or something! That's really amazing! I can't wait to see you play!"

" I'm not that amazing, Hinata-kun."

"I'm sure you are! Even Kageyama looks up to you." Oh! Hinata's just a cutie. Makes me wanna hug him. He's so innocent.

"I hope I meet your expectations, Hinata-kun."

I need to properly warm up, even more than usual. I don't want to injure myself again. I have to be cautious about my knee even more now.