2

C H A P T E R 2
'Fated meeting'

T H I R D   P E R S O N ' S   P O V

T H I R D P E R S O N ' S P O V

An endless amount of fangirls, never fazed Oikawa Tooru, the third year student of Aobajohsai High and the captain of the volleyball team. He felt amused and could feel even better about himself because of the attention he gets.

He receives many love confessions from the girls. And there's no secret that he had girlfriends before. However, volleyball was always his top priority and his girlfriends always broke up with him because they got no attention from him.

However, every girl noticed the slight change in their God's behavior over the time. Every Monday , Wednesday and Friday, after practise, he went to the same shop over and over again. He never stopped. He became a regular there.

His teammates were as curious as gais fangirls. But of course, his closest friends found out first what's the reason for their captain's change of personality.

She was a beauty. The guys were mesmerized when they first entered the shop and saw her. Of course, as usual, it was Udai Mei's incredible height that cought their attention first. It was embarrassing for many of them, for she was taller than some of them. But then, they couldn't help but be cought in her web.

She was a natural beauty. The kind that didn't need makeup to show how beautiful she was.

Her hair lies black and poker straight, yet soft, moving like prairie grass whenever the doors open and gush of wind enters the cafe. It gives contrast to her face, so dark against her soft, pale porcelain like skin. She is part of the beauty of this place rather than a thing apart.

And her eyes... Her eyes reminded them of ashes and smoke blowing in the wind coming from a fire that burned everything to the ground. They were intense, coming from that fire that burned deep within her soul. They were intense and seemed aggressive and unapproachable at some moments, but then...her angel like smile played a huge part in how her eyes shine and hide the aggression and coldness, replacing it with an excited shine, that could warm up anyone.

Her smile reminded them of an angel. Her smile engraved deep into their souls and sent a wave of pleasure and euphoria. A wave of happiness, kindness, excitement and peace.

They understood why their captain was head over wheels for the girl. They understood why he went here just to see her. Even the fan girls couldn't bring themselves to hate the girl. She seemed perfect. Someone worth following.

But despite that, neither of them ever approached her. She was like an artifact, a precious jewel hidden behind an unbreakable glass. You can watch it, but you can't get too near it. Oikawa came to the Cafe to eat its pastries and relax under his crush's aura for a long time... But he never talked to her properly. He never introduced himself.