12

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭2

' 𝑇𝒉𝑒 𝑁𝑒𝑘𝑜-𝐾𝑎𝑟𝑎𝑠𝑢 𝑟𝑒𝑢𝑛𝑖𝑜𝑛 '

𝗠𝗲𝗶

It was a rivalry like no other. Cats against Crows. I remember watching many of Nekoma vs Karasuno matches because of my brother. He took me always everywhere, calling me his little lucky charm. I learned a lot from Coach Ukai himself. He always sat me next to him on the bench and gave me pointers, where the team did wrong and where it did right.

He said that if I don't end up playing myself, I'd make a pretty damn good coach. And honestly, I thought about that. But I was always an energetic little brat. So actually playing the sport suited me more.

Anyway, Karasuno and Nekoma had a long journey together. They were best rival-friends. Their matches were worth watching.

The last time, the two coaches promised to see each other in finals. Unfortunately, both schools were eliminated at the Inter-High preliminaries in June. In March of the following year, Karasuno High School of Miyagi and Nekoma High School as second to represent Tokyo attended the spring high-school volleyball nationals, but... Karasuno was defeated in the third round, and Nekoma was eliminated in the quarterfinals. Though both teams repeatedly played each other in practise matches, they never battled each other in a public arena. Eventually, both coaches retired.

Subsequently, both teams plunged into a period of steady decline...

But I believe, that we're going to change that around.

As the official player that wears jersey #7, I stand among my teammates, lined up infront of our opponent team. Despite not playing, I make sure to give the baby-looking guy infront of me an intimidating smirk. He was the #7 of Nekoma.

After the official part, I see Hinata chasing after a boy with dyed hair. I swear he looks similar, but I can't wrap my finger around it. Of course, the two captains greet each other away from everyone else. With a sigh, I turn towards the gym and start walking towards it, but a sudden jab to the side makes me jump to the side in both shock and pain.

"What the-" I turn to see the one responsible only to find Yuu with that boyish grin of his. "What was that for, Yuu?"

"You look like you don't really want to be here!" He exclaims making me frown. He's looking out of me....again. With a small smile, I respond.

"I wish I could play. I even specifically asked coach to let me play this one, but he's too persistent." I sigh and look at the bright blue sky and how the clouds float.