10

C H A P T E R  10
' Neko '

C H A P T E R  10' Neko '

M E I

Nekoma. I haven't heard that name in a while. No, it isn't even a while. Many years have passed. Our new coach has given us the news of us having a practice match with them on our training camp. Which started...yesterday.

I remember well how Karasuno took me to many of their matches as their little mascot. That and old man Ukai used to say that nii-chan plays even better when I'm near because he's a big ass show-off.

I was little back then... But Nekoma's coach knew me well. I hope that I changed a lot because if he recognizes me, the secret of me being Hinata-kun's idol's sister will blow up. Hell, no one knows that. It's something... I'm not proud of. Especially now.

"Tch..." It's a good thing that I won't be playing. I was a little pissed at first, because coach wants me to heal fully before I start playing in matches against other teams. He called me this team's little gem that must be protected. Kind of cliche if you ask me.

With a sigh, I look up from text book and yawn. One of the teachers got sick so we had self-study. Since the classroom got loud and I wanted to catch up to some stuff I missed out while I was in Tokyo, I left and went to the library to actually do some studying. The last thing I want is for my grades to drop and affect my love for volleyball.

"Ah, Udai-chan." A voice calls happily making me look up. It was a Mrs. Amaya. She teaches French and has the flower arranging club. Usually, other languages don't really stick with me. But my uncle ordered me to take them for the future of my career. So now I'm stuck with extra headaches.

But French is actually fun. It really is. Plus, Amaya-sensei is really kind and gentle. Damn, she even let's some students sleep on her lessons. But not because of boredom but because she knows that they're tired. For example, I've taken quote a few naps at her class because of volleyball practise starting early or ending late. "I've been meaning to ask you something about....Tanaka-kun and Nishinoya-kun." Oh no. Abort. Abort.

She's the wife of Mr. Amaya, an another teacher at this school. He teacher math... Our class has a different math teacher but still, Mr. Amaya still manages to reach me through his wife. "My husband loves volleyball even if he doesn't play. And he knows that grades play a big part when it comes to official games. You're an excellent student, Udai-chan. If this goes on, those two will surely fail. And it will affect their club as well." I sigh and nod, letting her understand that I know what she means.

" All right, I'll look out for the two. "

" Thank you, Udai-chan. I'll let my husband know. " I nod and watch as she leaves. With a small yawn, I stretch trying to ease my sore muscles. With a small smile on my lips, I try to calm my excitement down and go back to studying.