21

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟭

' 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒔 '

𝗞𝘂𝗿𝗼𝗼 𝗧𝗲𝘁𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗼𝘂

"Aiko!" I call out to her and follow the short female. I remember her from back then..hell, I remember all three of those girls like I was introduced to them yesterday. I barely recognized Suzuki Aiko. She...looks different. He remembers those dyed chestnut blonde locks of hair and bright blue eyes well. But all of that seems to be gone now. He still recognized the girl because of her looks, but eyes were darker now and had a tired, broken look. Bags under her eyes screamed insomnia as well.

She gave me a harsh glare and ignored me for months. But when she started dating Kenma, it was impossible to avoid me. So when I pushed the topic about Mei, Amataresau and Kaori once...she snapped.

"Can you shut the fuck up? Do I look like I know where they are or how they're doing? I fucked up, okay? I really, fucked up! I got mad at them for nothing and acted like a bitch! And I was too prideful to apologize, so I broke it off with them without even realizing it! They started going on those god damn mixers and bad shit started happening! Parties, drugs, sex, alcohol! Amaterasu broke it off soon when it started but Mei and Kaori drowned in the darkness! And when I met them on our graduation day, the two of them were people I didn't recognize. Mei got closer to her fucking volleyball team. Those fucking sons of bitches who tormented, tortured and controlled her! They started going to those terrible parties! God knows what happened there! And the worst part is, it all started because YOU played Mei! You kept her tied around your fingers using her until you got bored of her! And to think that she fell for a piece of shit like you! She was your little secret! You were just like all of those other boys. Let's use her for her looks and money and then toss her away like a piece of trash!" tears ran down the girls cheeks. Both Kenma and I stood there frozen as we started at the female, who was once a positive girl with dreams and ambitions. Now, only a broken shell stands before us.

" Aiko, I-I.."

" No. Don't you dare apologize. All of us, and I mean ALL OF US, ruined Mei. Amaterasu, Kaori, you, me, her team, her family, her classmates...hell, the whole school and even she herself, ruined her. She's always been a lonely girl who lacks the touch and love form a parent. A child who's been surrounded by money and rejected by others because of it. She trusted us. All of us, to give her the attention and love that she wished for. But we failed. So she took the attention from whoever was closest. Which turned out to be her own captain. And...there were a lot of various rumors about them back in Teiko. Of course, what was created in Teiko never left it's territory..." fear flashes in her eyes, making both Kenma and I flinch.