26

𝗦𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝟮
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟲

' 𝓕𝓻𝓮𝓮 '

𝗠𝗲𝗶

Running my hand through the old wooden walls as I walk towards the same garden that my grandmother used to adore so much, I can't help but smile at the warm memories that run through my mind.

Some of our best days were spent here. With Sei-nii and Tenma-nii. Despite all of us being older or younger than the other, we got along just fine. I wasn't the sensitive little girl either. If I was pushed, I would stand back up and push the kid back. I wouldn't start crying. I was a tomboy, which is why getting along with boys was much easier than getting along with girls.

I love this house. Absolutely adore it. However, I can't help but be sad once in a while, knowing that grandma isn't with us anymore and that she house is getting really old. The garden isn't how it used to be either.

Maybe I should do some gardening on my free time?

"Mei!" dad's voice echoes through the whole giant house, making me sigh and go to the room where I know he spends most of the time. The office that used to belong to my grandfather. Sadly, I didn't have the chance to meet him. But Tenma once said that he was strict as hell and only listened to grandma. Not surprising, because that woman could be scary as hell when she wanted to.

I slide the doors open, revealing the office. I find dad sitting at the desk, doing something. He's been working a lot...mostly because once he quits his job at the Akashi coorp, we'll be losing a lot of money. "Listen up," he says not even looking at me. He keeps his eyes on the documents infront of him. "I've been in contact with your coach, Ukai. I've sent him your training plan. What I didn't know is that you have an invitation from Aobajohsai to join their practice."

He didn't seem bothered by it. "Yeah, it was a deal with their coach. I'll get a video both of our match with Aobajohsai and Aobajohsai's match with Shiratorizawa. Plus, we'll exchange some tips with the team's members. So it's a win-win situation I guess." I explain.

"That's a wonderful idea. But apparently, this created some rumors. And now, there are more schools requesting you."

I frown in both annoyance and surprise. "I played one game. And I wasn't even out there the whole time."

He sighs suddenly and looks up at me. "The reason is not the match against Dateko. It's because you were a student of Teiko. Your teammates that are surprisingly all in Kaijo,  are receiving the same popularity and requests. But that shouldn't be a problem. Ukai is actually glad. Because not only is this a perfect opportunity to spy on opponents, but you may also get tips from other coaches and great players."