1

C H A P T E R  1
'I am Udai Mei'

M E I

"CAPTAIIIIIIIIINNNN!" I scream on the top of my lungs and sprint towards the said male, full speed. Before he could even turn around I jump on him and wrap my legs around his waist, my arms around his neck.

Baldy and Sugamama turn to me in surprise. Captain glances back, his arms holding me, so I wouldn't fall off of his back. "Mei! Don't run! You're still on rest!" Captain frowns making me pout.

"Gomen, gomen. But just a month left! And I'll be soaring through the sky in the court beside Asahi-senpai again!" I'm not stupid. I know that this is a...tough subject for all of us. However, I know that he will come back. I know that all of us will play beside each other again.

And I know that we will stand victorious. Nationals will not be the only thing we'll go to as a team!

Captain starts walking, holding me and giving me a piggy-back ride. Everyone walked with smiles and I know that they too, deep down know that Asahi will come back to us.

"What were we talking about again?" Baldy asks, making me look at him curiously.

"The first-years."

"Oh ! Oh !" I call our and claps my hands together, not letting go of captain of course. "Do we have anyone special?"

"The first setter of Kitagawa is on our team."

"Yeah, but the guy's totally cocky." Baldy says making me grin in a teasing way.

"You just don't like anyone you don't know personaly."

"Yeah. Don't try and intimidate him, okay?"

"Pwease." I grin mischievously at Sugamama and jump off of captain's back. "There's nothing intimidating about baldy here."

"Oi! I'm right here!"

The four of us walk inside of the gym, making me observe the two first-years. And said star boy greets us immediately.

"Hey." Of course I recognize him. Who doesn't?

"Hey, hey, hey. Who said you guys could..." Daichi-senpai drags baldy back and smiles at the new members.

"You're Kageyama." Or should I say, the new member.

"Yeah."

"Glad you could make it.

" You're quite tall. "

" He needs an initiation, Suga-san!! Let's give him a reason to be intimidated by us third-years! " he makes the 'scary' face again making me hold back my laughing.

" Tanaka, stop with that face. "

" Yeah..." I manage to say. "You look like a clown."