40

Mei____________________________________

Mei
____________________________________

_____I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE HOW FAST DAYS WENT BY. Before we knew it, we were done with exams and now stood in front of the results board. My eyes travel from the lowest scores all the way up. My eyes spot the first name, it being Kaori's and her score...62 points. I let out a huge sigh of relief knowing that if her name came first, everyone else passed as well.

"I've never received such a high score in my entire life." I turn to Kaori only to find her frozen in place with tears running down her face. "This is a miracle. A miracle I tell you!" 

"Ah! 74!" Tsumu screams from beside me, making me spot his name instantly, and indeed, he had scored 74. Then, there was Ginjima with his score of 86. Osamu got 92  Suna got 97, making me feel intimidated because he practically didn't study at all. And then, I got a perfect score making me release a breath I had been holding in.

Perfect.

It's perfect.

"Gah! Mei got a perfect score!"

"Of course she did!" Mei screams back at Atsumu. "She works hard!"

"You sure she isn't some prodigy?"

"Talking about prodigies..." My eyes land on the silent male who always looks like he would rather be sleeping somewhere peacefully than be here with us.

"GAH! SUNA SCORED 97!!"

"I'm not stupid like someone. You studied even more than all of us with Mei by your side, why didn't you score higher?"

"OI!"

"Disappointed but not surprised," Osamu adds making me chuckle.

"Yer gangin' up on me!"

"Osamu got all the brains! And the looks! And talent!"

"URUSAI, MS. 62! YER DUMBER THAN ME!"

"You got extra tutoring from Mei!"

"Nah, you're just dumb."

"Atsumu got burnt by us so now he's attacking the weaker. How low of him."

"Would ye all stop!" he turns to me suddenly. "Protect me, babe!"

But I was still in my own world because of the perfect score that I got. "Eh? Mei?"

"Mei!"