34

Mei______________________________

Mei
______________________________

"...so you kissed."

"Uh-huh."

"And kissed again..."

"Yeah."

"And then he asked you out?"

"Yup."

"You refused, but he didn't give up."

"Yes."

"He asked you out again."

"Again and again."

"So you ended up..making a bet?"

"Mhm."

"And now you're dating."

"Si."

"He was naked the entire time? That's kind of hot."

"Kaori!" I scream at her, frustrated about the situation I got myself in. Oh, if someone knew just how much I wish to go home. It'd three in the morning and my ass isn't sleeping yet.

The bastard is in a separate bedroom and I'm here suffering from lots of things. I decided to call Kaori, hoping I wouldn't disturb the couple. And I didn't. Apparently, both of them were already sleeping, but then Kaori woke up, craving for some ice cream, so she went down to raid their fridge and look for some. That's when I called.

"To be honest, I can't process anything...everything hurts, I want some sleep but this ice cream is giving me a sugar rush. Feel crazy might set Osamu's fan's house on fire or something, I don't know." I smile, already knowing how tired she is for her voice. I'm actually really grateful that she's here. "I'll probably wake up at 7 in the morning, realizing everything you just told me and I'll be screaming. Something about double dates with the twins and a double wedding? Right?"

"Kaori-"

"Mei." She says my name, suddenly silencing me. "Listen, babe, I could tell from you're voice that this doesn't bother you at all. You may not realize it, but I can tell from your voice that you're pretty happy."

"We met four days ago!"

"So what?"

"That's fucked up!"

And that's when she snapped, making me from. "Mei! For fucks sake! You wanna know what's really fucked up? The fact that both of our asses were raped! And you know what's even more fucked up? This happened before all for that mixer thing! We were still little girls that owned dolls for fucks sake!" I kept silent. I cringed at how boldly she said that.

And then, her voice became more silent. "I got over it, Mei. Hell, if I came face to face with Daisuke or anyone from Teiko's volleyball team, I'd freak out. But I have Osamu and he's there to comfort me when I need it. He knows everything...he's patient and gentle with me. And opening up to him...forcing myself to trust another male is the best choice in my life." Silence takes over the call. I stare at the ground, not moving my eyes from a small stain on the floor.