36

Mei

Mei

__________________________________

     THE FEELING OF NOSTALGIA filled me as I stood there, my bare feet touching the warm sand. But because the nostalgia felt so distant yet perfect in every way, I knew it was fake. I knew, that whatever I'm seeing is fake... I didn't feel the constant guilt...the the constant suffering. Those flashbacks created chaos in my mind and yet I felt nothing. It felt like those memories didn't belong to me. Like they were from a TV show I watched...or something like that. Like I was pure.

And that is why this is 100% fake. I'm either dead or this is a dream. The possibility of me being on drugs is high as well. But that doesn't matter, because currently, I am in peace. I am finally, in peace.

Perhaps this will end in five minutes or even five seconds...but that doesn't mean that I can't relax for that short amount of time. So stepping forward, I look around the place I am in. And that is an island in the middle of nowhere. In the middle of baby blue waters, that you could see through. And the white sand...oh! How euphoric it feels. If only I could stay here forever.

There were palm trees, and yet my attention was on the beautiful water still. It drew me in. And then...a voice filled the silence.

"Mei." It was a female's voice...and it was as soft as a small kitten's...and as radiant as a sunset. It was filled with kindness and peacefulness. Turning around instantly, I lay my eyes on the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. Hell, I've seen her before. In photographs...but she was even more beautiful standing in front of me.

She has long, wavy blonde hair. I can truly see where Tenma-nii got his wavy hair from...and her eyes matched the water I just watched. Such beautiful blue/green. It's marvelous. And her eyes held such kindness...such purity...I can see what papa fell in love with. It saddens me that I did not inherit any of her main traits that stand out in the best way possible. I was a copy of my father after all.

The woman spreads her arms then, a warm and gentle smile on her face. "Mei!" she was inviting me and so, the sadness suddenly returned. My body trembled as my mind was debating on what action I should take. The warm, salty liquid rushed down my cheeks and before I knew it, my feet moved on their own.

"Mama!"

I didn't even recognize my own voice...and I tried reaching her...sprinting towards her. Her smile never faded...and as I was about to reach her, my hands went through hers...and she turned into a mist so quickly, leaving me all alone on the small island.

And then, a familiar song started playing, confusing me...and with it, everything started vanishing.

And then...