14

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟏𝟒

'𝐹𝑙𝑦, 𝐾𝑎𝑟𝑎𝑠𝑢𝑛𝑜!'

𝗠𝗲𝗶

"..an...i-chan...."

What is this...is someone calling me?

Suddenly, a hand shakes me quite roughly. "Udai-chan!" with that, I snap my eyes open and lift my head up weakly. I am greeted by a sharp headache and a blury vision. My face skin felt dry as hell. I look at the person who's calling me and see Kyoko-senpai.

"S-Senpai!" I jump up and wince when the pain intensifies. Oh, yeah... I fell asleep in the nurse's office. I glance at the window and notice that it's already getting dark.

"Oh crap! Practise!"

"Nishinoya-kun told the coach that you weren't feeling well. He told me that you had a fight with Shirofuku-chan." I frown, feeling bad that I actually missed practise. Especially now, when my body needs to get used to volleyball again. "I guess you were really tired if you slept for so long."

I sit up in the bed and drag my feet to the floor. I run my hand through my hair tiredly. "I was studying...last night."

"I know. Sensei was happy this morning because all of the teachers were praising your grades. Apparently they improved a lot." Of course they did. I had to study a lot to keep them at a good state. Uncle has been keeping tabs on me lately. He wants to make sure that I am able to keep my grades up and play volleyball at the same time. "Daichi-san was the first one to comment on how tired you looked, despite having perfect grades."

I frown. "I'm sorry... I made you wor-" she suddenly grabs my hands into her own and gives me 'the look'.

"Don't say that. We're a big family. And families look out for each other."

My chest warms up at her words...it made me smile. I nod at her but didn't say anything. I didn't need to.

But then, I notice a bag placed next to her feet. "What's that?" I question without even thinking.

"That's right..." she looks down at it. "I found an old flag that belongs to our team. It's worn out, has a few rips and is dirty. I wanted to bring it home and wash it, but my washing machine broke. So I wa-"

"No problem." I cut her off, knowing what she's going to ask. "I can bring it home and wash it. Or even better, you can come over for a sleepover. We'll wash it and fix it at my place. We can drop by at your place first."

She smiles at me kindly. "Yes, I'd like that."

"