13

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟏𝟑

'𝐹𝑜𝑟𝑚𝑖𝑑𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑒 𝑜𝑝𝑝𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑠 & 𝑎 𝑠𝑡𝑢𝑝𝑖𝑑 𝑓𝑖𝑔𝒉𝑡'

𝗠𝗲𝗶

Everytime I plop down on the ground, I feel a sense of euphoria. Sweat rolls down my skin in thick, salty beads and my clothes clung to my body quite uncomfortably because of that. My heart throbs inside my chest, threatening to jump out... I wheeze as my burning lungs gasp for air. My legs are numb and painfully sore.

Yes, this is what practise is like after so much time. And I absolutely love it. This is what euphoria is to me.

"MEI'S DYING AGAIN!" I hear as Tanaka shouts as I'm about to pass out on the floor once more. I force my body up and drag my ass to a bench, breathing heavily, trying to get as much oxygen into my lungs as I can.

"I-I'm fine." I stutter and take the water bottle that Kiyoko-senpai gives me with a worried smile. The cold water is like a blessing to my rasping throat. Yuu throws a towel on my head, making me nod at him gratefully and wipe the sweat away. The practise is finally over for today.

When I calm my body down for I bit, I join the guys on the floor. One of them brought a new sports magazine, so I was interested in it as well.

"The picture's huge!" Yuu shouts excitedly, not minding that I'm leaning on him and looking at the magazine as well.

"Yeah."

"What, what?" senpai approaches us as well, glancing at it through Yuu's shoulder.

Of course, the one displayed is Shiratorizawa's Ace, Ushijima Wakatoshi. The male that practically stalked me for a month when I moved back here. I swear to God I almost joined Shiratorizawa, but not because he told me to. Because I wanted him off of my ass as soon as possible. Having such a huge guy stalking me was...annoying.

"Join Shiratorizawa!" he said. At some point, I thought those two words where the only words he knew. Sadly, I was proved wrong.

When I snapped out of my thoughts, I found the guys explaining sunshine about Ushiwaka.

"-he's unmistakably the number-one Ace of our prefecture: Ushijima Wakatoshi."

The guys looks at Asahi-senpai making them sulk. And then, their eyes fall on me. "Well, Mei looks like an innocent teddybear most of the time. But when she's on court, she definitely has the aura of an Ace."