16

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟲

' 𝑊𝑖𝑛𝑛𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑒𝑟𝑠 ' 

𝗠𝗲𝗶

I don't want to be mean or sound arrogant, especially when captain's friend was on the other team, but they were nothing special. Of course, I knew that from the start, when I was researching the teams and helping coach.

Which is why, I didn't pay a lot of attention to the game. With a phone in my right hand, that I held secretly so coach wouldn't see that I'm actually texting, I reach out to my personal doctor first.

Of course, if I want to make this work, I have to keep it a secret from Seijuro, Tenma, my father and my uncle. They've been keeping tabs on my injury and visits, so that will not be easy. Especially, when Takishima Kohaku is close to both my uncle and my own father. He's been personally sending them reports of my health. Which is why, I have to blackmail him. That's where my dear aunty comes in. Don't get me wrong, Hekima-san wouldn't allow this easily either. She cares about my health a lot.

Meaning that I have to sway her first, then with her help I'll have to sway uncle Kohaku. If he agrees, he will send a notify to the hospital in Miyagi, where I am currently registered. Since they keep tabs on my knee, I'll have to slip them an envelope with money. Sadly, that can't be avoided.

And then, I need to make up a lie to the team, play the game against Date Tech...win and then finally, calm down my raging family, because by that time, they will have heard the news from one way or another.

So far, I'm having a lot of trouble with the first step.

Okaa-san ❤️
'No matter what you say, Mei, you won't change my mind. Kohaku has broken some rules already! You were suppose to be healing for an another half a year! And yet you'll be permitted to run around fully in less that a month! And now even that isn't enough for you! Have you any idea how worried everyone is for you? You're completely alone there!'

Of course, I forgot the fact that the woman I now call my mother, is excellent in guilt tripping. So as soon as she mentions everyone being worried of me, I start feeling like a monster.

Me
'I know why all of you are worried. You have every reason to be worried! Hell, even I worry for myself some times. But I promise, if I was actually not well, I wouldn't be asking you of this. My knee's well, I promise! I haven't felt any pain for a few weeks already. I even pushed myself, by taking up the jogging and working out. I never skipped a practise and I don't take as many breaks as I did before! I promise, I'm fine. So please, let me have this one game.'