Chapter 11: December 4

Jimin's POV

  Time had been passing quicker than I expected when this whole ordeal started. It wouldn't be long before Taehyung's mother start a search in Europe. Most likely, she's kept it on the low for now, but if he still isn't found, then she'll probably make an announcement.

  "Do you think this looks good?" Taehyung asked.

  I looked at him who currently is trying on outfits to wear to the park. "Tae, I told you we were just going to the park. I don't think anyone would recognize us. Plus, don't you think that our dyed hair is enough coverage?"

  "Not at all. I think it just makes us stand out even more. Do you know how many movies and shows where the main character cuts their hair and still gets caught?"

  "I thought movies and shows always let them get away for the thrill of the plot?"

  "Well reality isn't a fantasy or fictional world. Life isn't always pretty."

  "Jeez, you sure know how to be pessimistic."

  "Last time I checked, you were the one who was so conservative and whining about how we could get into deep trouble because of this."

  "Well, now I've learned to loosen up. Just like you were at the beginning of this trip."

  Taehyung gave a small grunt in annoyance as he looked as his reflection in the mirror. He was wearing a black turtle neck under a long, black coat with a pair of matching pants. A black bucket hat and mask covered his face making him look like some celebrity or suspicious person.

  "I don't think that outfit is going to make us any less invisible." I stated. "It's our last two days before we leave to the west. I would love to leave on a brighter note than the last city we visited."

  He sighed and sat down on the bed with slumped shoulders. "I'm sorry I freaked out last time. It's just I know my mother so well. She wouldn't want news to come out and say that I had run away from home.

  Even though I'm old enough to look after myself, I'll just forever be a puppet to her. The only reason why the family reputation is so clean is because of our blackmailing and bribing. Who knows what she'll do to you."

  My heart warmed at the thought of knowing that he was looking out for me, but I wouldn't want him to be in danger for me either. "Tae, it's fine. We'll be fine. The magic of friendship will always prevail."

  He gave me a look of disgust. "Shut up with your Twighlight sparkle head ass."

  I laughed at his response to the joke I had pulled. "Alright let's go."

  Together we walked out of the hotel room and centered along the streets until we found a park partially full of couples, families, and friends. Thankfully, Taehyung left the mask and hat behind in the room or else we would've gotten odd stares.

  "Isn't this just the best weather ever." He said, stretching his arms out with his addictive smile stamped across his face. "I would love to live somewhere this cold everyday."

  "It's settled then. We'll add that to the list of places we'll go."

  "Yes! And we'll have pretzels and hot dogs. Oh! And New York styled pizza and cheesecake. We're going to have so much fun."

  "See, this it what I mean by letting loose. You were over here getting all worried over nothing."

  "Shut up. It's just that winter makes me happy."

  "Sure." I said with a smug smile knowing I had won our tiny argument. "You know what we should do before we leave?"

  "What?"

  "We should drink some wine. After all, Italy is famous for its wine and cheese."

  "That's sounds like good idea." He put a finger under his chin, tapping it a couple times. "If I had told myself before we left that you would become much more fun, I would've laughed."

  I rolled my eyes in a joking matter before responding, "I am only this fun because of you. Studying can be too hazardous."

  "Wow! Look at you being all bad and wild!"

Both of us laughed as we strolled through the park in each other's warm presence. Our hot air comes out in soft puffs entangling together into thin air.

Taehyung's POV

By night time, we had a bottle of red wine and two crystal cups. We played a little game of truth or dare, and every time we accomplished a statement, then we would drink a cup.

The playful game went on for a long time until the bottle didn't have much left. Jimin and I had stopped thinking straight after halfway drinking our third cup.

I remember his slurred giggles as we performed the dumbest dares and told embarrassing truths. Suddenly, there were no laughs or jokes after he dared me to do something I never would've done without the liquid courage.

"I dare you to kiss me." The way he made it sound important pushed out the silliness pounding through our veins.

I remembered the way my heart thundered against my eardrums when I replied back a shy 'ok'.

I got up from the one-seated sofa and next to him on the bed with knees touching. The distance in between deceased little by little as we leaned in.

I remembered the way it felt to touch his slightly chapped, plump lips. I remembered the way he positioned me to where my back touched the white sheets and I faced up to his hovering face.

I remembered the way he made me feel. I remembered the way he held me gently as if I were a piece of China. I remembered the emotional connection between us. I remembered the last bits of the closing night cuddled up in his arms.

When morning came, Jimin woke up first. He must've thought we just hugged until we feel asleep like we usually did.

In the end, I remembered, but he did not.

ㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗㅜㅗ

  A/N: Hey guys! Just to be clear, they only had a small make out session. Nothing more nothing less.
  Also I have the song 'The best thing I ever did' by twice stuck in my head Mina's December stuck in my head.
  Thank you for reading!❤️

Date: 12/04/19
Word count: 1065 words